Quite a scare this last week...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sinion Posts: 6050
just wanted to hear from some of you that the same has happened and it's been ok. Last Friday morning after first morning pee I wiped and got bright red blood, I nearly died of fright. Went to doctor and she said I was in the grey area and a scan may not show anything yet and all I could do was wait and see. She got me to pee again there so she could test and when I did I got a load of brown blood. The test was positive again so she told me to go enjoy my Christmas and just take it easy. I had bled for a few days before BFP so she thinks I'm just going to be a bleeder throughout the pregnancy, if it sticks. So today is the 8th consecutive day with some form of bleeding. It was getting lighter and heavier on different days, and going from red to brown and back again too. It's all just discharge now that's coloured with either red or brown blood. The first few days it came with dreadful lower backache, I was in such a state just waiting to miscarry. Just to add I've testing every few days and getting very strong positives each time, and boobs are still killing me and nausea had really kicked in. but I'm just so afraid that I'm going to lose my bean anyday now :o(
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Oh Sinion, what a tough time you're having :o( Hang in there, lots of people experience bleeding with no major problems. I had it myself in the first trimester and all was fine. You can get a private scan which should show you a heart beat soon. I had one at seven weeks which was so reassuring. As you know (I'm sure) a heart beat is a really good sign that the little one will stick. Please God all will be ok. Will keep you in my prayers. :action32
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Sinion try not to worry, i know its easy to say. try to relax as much as possible. Lie down and rest as much as you can, dont be lifting anything heavy or overdoing the housework. Theres been quite a few ppl on here who have some sort of bleeding in the early and even later weeks and everything was fine. Are they going to scan you? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but im sure youll be fine. Take care. xx
thanks guys, I've gotten a letter from the doc to go for a private scan so I'll try and get one asap
McMummy Posts: 1041
Hi Sinion, I don't have any advice to add but I just wanted to wish you well, sounds like your GP is not over concerned so hopefully it's just a hick up and all will continue on well for you. I was told the nausea is a very positive sign that everything is going well so try and stay positive and keep your spirits up.
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hi Sinion, I don't have much advise but as the other girls have said once the Doc doesn't seem too concerned Please God everything will be ok. Try and stay in bed and watch dvds and chill out until you get your appointment for your scan x Thinking of you x
fantac Posts: 4109
hi babe so sorry to hear you're having such a worrying time - its so difficult to relax. i had this on off bleeding for 3 solid weeks, we had a heap of scnas, every time it was a fresh bleed and i'm sure once you've had a scan you're mind will be able to settle. my doc just kept saying that it was totally normal, happened to lots of people and if it was just steadily happening, then to try and not worry and once you get a heartbeat, you're down to only a 5% chance of things going wrong. take care of yourself and take it easy. wedding was great - will post report and pics soon - weird not being on honeymoon, but i guess we have had all that back in sept. thinking of you lotsxx
oh thank you so much hon, and welcome back Mrs!! :o)ll :o)ll
Babs Aug08 Posts: 828
Sinion Sorry to hear you are going through a bit of a tough time. As the girls said, plenty of rest. PG all will be ok with ur little bean.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Sorry to hear your going through a tough time. It's so hard for you not to worry. Try and rest and keep your feet up and PG all will be ok. From 7weeks + they should detect a heartbeat so please God your scan will give you good news.