R.I.P Patrick Swayze

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WeddingBelle2011 Posts: 503
Sorry girls, but I am absolutely gutted over the death of Patrick Swayze. I am a huge Dirty Dancing fan. I have loved it from the moment I first saw it, and is still my favourite movie of all time 22 years later. He will be sadly missed. A pic to remember him the way he was!! [img:ap2p8ymh]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/07/article-1108762-0503ADF20000044D-529_468x340.jpg[/img:ap2p8ymh]
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I can't help but smile at the memories. Me and my friends used to quote Dirty Dancing the whole time. I even have H2B at it. :o0 In Dunnes he can't pass the watermelons without saying the immortal line to make me laugh. It's the end of an era. R.I.P. Patrick.... :lvs
Mrs.daffodil2010 Posts: 385
Dirty Dancing is my favourite movie ever, and I have never been ashamed to admit that. I remember going to see the movie with friends, very young ones that we were 22 years ago. :-8 In those days you could go into the cinema for the afternoon showing and they did not kick you out after. So we went into the Savoy in O'Connell Street Dublin for the first showing and stayed there to watch it three times in a row. >:o) We left wondering why our lives could not be like that? RIP Patrick. :o(
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
I am gutted :o( God love him, it is an awful cancer, I lost 2 grandparents to it, it is particularly aggressive. Hope he is free of pain now and his family will be ok xx
fish12 Posts: 389
h
chipsticks Posts: 283
Fighting back the tears all day in work :-8 It's very sad.. :o( His poor family O:o) O:o) O:o)
Babyloco Posts: 964
poor patrick, its so sad, i cant believe it-i thought he might pull through :lvs
ela28 Posts: 2552
I couldn't quite get my head around it when I heard he had died,it's so sad :o( I have to say I really admire him for the fight he put up he was so determined,I too am a big dirty dancing fan,absolute brill film,could never get enough of it :-8 he was a legend and will be missed greatly but at least he's free from pain now,my thoughts and prayers are with him and all his loved ones,may he r.i.p O:o)
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
OMG, was working last night and didn't see any news.... I'm in shock :eek Thought he'd pull through too. ;o( RIP Patrick.
baby_on_board Posts: 192
r.i.p patrick swayze . loved his movies too.. only watches ghost last weekend.. O:o) O:o) O:o) my prayers are with his family.