Random words that annoy you..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vidia Posts: 2960
There are words that annoy the bejaysus out of me for no reason...... My current one is Apothecary.. I hate it, have to re-read it each time! I know what it means but aaaagh... So what words do ye hate and why??
flor Posts: 1621
it's weird but the only wedding related word i've ever found annoying was the name of a brand of dress on a website i used to visit fanatically but not so much any more since i found my dress. it was a US brand called 'eve of milady'. i don't know why but i just found the name so flipping irritating!!! even typing it now just annoys me! but generally, the words/expressions i find the most annoying are not wedding related but business/finance/economic jargon type ones that isolated from their context make no sense whatsoever, e.g. 'going forward' or 'property ladder' (said in a nasal, self important tone)(though it has died a death THANK GOD!) etc. you get the jist!
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
Moist, I hate it. The word makes me gag.
lux Posts: 6270
Slurry, it sounds like what it is. Ditto sewerage.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
more of a phrase really- IN THE LOOP. Drives me nuts! boss always says it, O:| but shes lovely so shouldnt complain :-8
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
'reveal'.......to all TV presenters everywhere..........stop using this word Thank you, that is all
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
“Chunks”- makes me think of vomit. Hate the word. When people say “katsup” instead of ketchup.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
[quote="ReginaFalange":18b96bkn]“Chunks”- makes me think of vomit. .[/quote:18b96bkn] :o0 :o0
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Red sauce. Ugh! Loads a red sauce on me sambitch please, love! Memories of part time work at the deli... Sangwidge - ye know how some culchies say this sometimes? Hate it. Basically - so overused - durrr!
betty draper Posts: 728
salivate i can't stand it, i only know one person who uses it and its all the time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10