RANT!!Due baby 2 and I know my hands will be full thanks!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duesept11 Posts: 81
Mini-rant alert!!! I'm due baby no 2 in a few weeks. Have a DS who is just turned two. He is a lively child but very very good natured, pleasant and usually sweet (can also be a handful and has a stubborn streak at times). I am well aware that this could change when the "terrible twos" kicks in. We are really lucky that we are due baby 2, and I feel glad that they will be close in age. And we made the decision to have them as close as this. But the past few months, its like the constant phrases I hear from people are "Oh you'll have your hands full come September" "Oh, your DS wont know what's hit him, god help ye" " God, ye wont have any time at all now" "Ye wont have a penny to rub together with a second one" etc etc etc. Usually its from middle-aged and older women who seem to take a certain glee from it O:| O:| . I'm not naive, I know that it will be difficult, tiring and trying at times thank you very much but why oh why are people so negative???? I could count on one hand the amount of people who have said it will be lovely to have two so near each other!!! Rant over! Spot the hormones eh :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Ah here I know what you mean-some people love to have something to say,Ah dont be listening to them. Iv people in my ear as Im going be working full time and starting a degree and a new baby.They think it too much hard work!!
brightlight Posts: 394
Hi ya! :wv Only 14 months between my 2 boys, don't be listening to them oul biddies!! Yes you will be VERY busy, and exhausted sometimes and sometimes feel like tearing your hair out but the positives FAR outweigh the negatives! There is a lovely family feel to having 2 kids, they are starting to play with each other now (23 months and 9months) and we have great craic most of the time with them. I honestly have to say every day is wonderful and am sure you will feel the same way once you get them both settled into a wee routine of their own. All the best with it, and it's much easier second time round, you will have learnt from your mistakes!!
La La Land Posts: 226
Never mind them! I'm due twins in a few weeks and have a 2 year old and honestly some people's reactions leave me livid. Especially the question 'Oh what are you going to do with them all?' - Well I can hardly give one back now can I? I can't wait to be honest, yes it will be busy but it will be worth it. IMO people who react with negative reactions are just jealous of all the fun we have ahead of us!
keyra Posts: 801
There will be 20 months between our 2 and i get the same comments all the time, as you say its mostly from older women, i think they dont realise how negative these comments are. One girl i know who works in my local supermarket said to me last week 'ah won't it be lovely to have them close together so they can entertain each other', i nearly keeled over with shock but it was lovely to hear a psoitive comment for a change. I just tune out all the negative comments.
Anonmama Posts: 239
I'm sick listening to that Shite too. I reply with 'Sure it will be no bother to [i:2gogxcol]me[/i:2gogxcol]!' >:o)
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I tell ya if I had a euro for every time someone passed a negative comment before my twins arrived I would be a very rich woman..the amount of times I heard "oh god how will you cope"..."god your wont know tiredness come August " ...."God you;ll have your hands full" .."How will you manage" as lala said what are we suppose to do give one back !!!! I use to get upset when people said t to me and even cried once when my brother ( who had a baby 2wks before my two arrived) rang me one day to tell me how hard it was coping wiht one baby and he was worried for me and how I would manage 2 but now I just say screw then !!! Its Ireland all over to be negative about things...I use to find that the people that passed these comments were people that wouldnt have been able to cope themselves with 2 and were just afraid...I was so tempted to say to the next person who passed the "How will I manage "comment...god your rihgt...what was I thinking having 2...Ill never manage....oh god and then pretend start to cry and rock back and forth...Its obiviously the reaction they are looking for so why not give it to them >:o) I bet its the last time they pass that comment :o0 :o0
Duesept11 Posts: 81
[quote="mammato2":3m15m63f]I tell ya if I had a euro for every time someone passed a negative comment before my twins arrived I would be a very rich woman..the amount of times I heard "oh god how will you cope"..."god your wont know tiredness come August " ...."God you;ll have your hands full" .."How will you manage" as lala said what are we suppose to do give one back !!!! I use to get upset when people said t to me and even cried once when my brother ( who had a baby 2wks before my two arrived) rang me one day to tell me how hard it was coping wiht one baby and he was worried for me and how I would manage 2 but now I just say screw then !!! Its Ireland all over to be negative about things...I use to find that the people that passed these comments were people that wouldnt have been able to cope themselves with 2 and were just afraid...I was so tempted to say to the next person who passed the "How will I manage "comment...god your rihgt...what was I thinking having 2...Ill never manage....oh god and then pretend start to cry and rock back and forth...Its obiviously the reaction they are looking for so why not give it to them >:o) I bet its the last time they pass that comment :o0 :o0[/quote:3m15m63f] Ha ha - I might try that with the crying and rocking, just to see the reaction :o0 :o0 Thanks for all the replies ladies. Was starting to wonder was I the only one getting these comments!! Yeah like I know it'll be hard work but as ye said the positives will outweigh the negatives :) . Thanks :thnk
Daff Posts: 11644
There is 18 months and 1 dsay between mine - DD2 is only 2 weeks old. I'd be the sort that wouldn't let remarks like that go so didn't get too many :-8 but there were a few occassions. ONe woman would say how hard it would be everytime she saw me. Evetually I got so mad I answered back. She was telling me how she'd had two and it was so hard and that there was no way she'd have stayed at home minding them, that she had to work and that I'd find it so hard being at home with two of them etc. (she was in her 50's). So I just said that it was awful that she had a bad experience like that, that I loved being home with DD1 and couldn't wait for new baby to arrive as it's all I've ever wanted to do was stay at home with them. That shut her up. Other thing that really annoyed me was people sayingabout DD1'she won't know what hit her' like WTF??? how??? was I suddenly going to neglect her? was the baby arriving going to have such an impact considering she barely knows what's going on around her? I was delighted that DD1 LOVES dd2 and gets so excited to see her every day. There's no jealousy apart from the fact that DD1 would love to be able to BF DD2 :o0 but instead she curls up beside me and holds my boob for me sometimes :o0
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
[quote="Anonmama":37qmiq94]I'm sick listening to that Shite too. I reply with 'Sure it will be no bother to [i:37qmiq94]me[/i:37qmiq94]!' >:o)[/quote:37qmiq94] My sentiment exactly!!!!!!!!