Rant on posters in town

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Okay – I hope this is going to come right and not opinionated in anyway. Because what I believe or don’t believe is not important or relevant to this rant. Was in town on Saturday and walked into the group of Pro life people. They are entitled to their opinion and all that. But I hate them and hate to see them in town and the main reason is not their beliefs it’s those posters they carry. I think it’s an absolute disgrace that they post those pictures around the town on a Saturday and little kids everywhere looking at them. I got really upset, bit stupid I know but they make me so mad – I wanted to go up and speak to them but couldn’t. I understand that pictures are meant to be effective etc and are used to get their point across. But I don’t think it should rammed down your throat on a Saturday when are about the town. Don’t think I have worded this very well, but they really upset me. I don’t want to start a debate on abortion, everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it but not those pictures in the middle of town. If it was a film it would have an age rating on it…..
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
I couldn't agree with you more. I saw posters like that a few months ago and didn't think it was very appropriate at all.
mad woman Posts: 22106
I agree with you tooo. thoses posters are digusting and I dont think its nice for a small child to see pictures of a dead baby like that.
loved up Posts: 119
i dont like the ones about medical research with the picrture of the baby and the slogan something like ''dont use my parts for science'' or something
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I agree with you Scrodingers cat but kids are being subjected to all sorts of other disgusting images on a daily basis. What about those filthy mens mags that grace the shelves of every newsagent I walk into these days. A lot of places don't bother putting them on the top shelf any more. They don't offend me particularly but I wonder what kind of message they give out to young kids about women as sex-objects.
they are generally up on the top shelves away from most childerens reach. these disgusting pictures are shoved into their face.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
They're not on the top shelf in many shops anymore. As for those newspapers with wans with their knockers hanging out - sure they're all over the place. Disgraceful.
whats worse though? a pair of breasts on a live woman or a dead baby covered in blood?
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
I think its the fact that the pictures upset that gets me going. What if you were a poor couple who had just lost a baby or had to listen all the home in car 'Why was that baby in a bucket ?' by your young child.
Shin Posts: 8515
i hate extremists, end of. i never sign any petitions for pro choice or pro life, also im sorry but when i see men rallying on those things it grates me up so much. they are entitled to their opinion but how dare they stand there with a grammofone spouting their shite about "abortion is murder". its a womans issue, sorry but thats how i feel.