Rant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
Feel really selfish writing this but I am just feeling sorry for myself today after a very tough couple of days. My BIL’s gf is pregnant (the baby was planned but now they are not so sure they are very young) anyhoo I was not really shocked when I heard she was but a little disappointed as they are fighting ever since and it should be a happy time not all about rows, they are still broken up over a different matter and at the end of the day if you are planning a baby you should be rock solid. There hasn’t been a grandchild on DH’s side for nearly 5 years now and I was 4 days late that month and thought it was our turn but it wasn’t to be, and I wanted us to be next. I know I can’t stop anyone getting pregnant but we have done everything ‘right’ got the house, got married and then they just get a BFP and now can’t even patch things up and see the bigger picture. I know there is nothing I can do but I just feel like we can’t get a break at all. Then I had some news (not baby related) at the weekend that I don’t want to get into on here and now feel even more down today. Trying to keep it all together in work but I just feel did I do something in a past life to deserve all the shit that keeps getting thrown at me – all I want is something good to happen for us for once. Sorry for the rant feel better now
Emme Posts: 4735
Ah don't feel like that, think good vibes! I'm a bit bemused that they're broken up over something else and yet the baby is planned! In any case what I always think is 'look after your own business' and don't be minding others and their sometimes 'mad from the outside' decisions!
Mrs SomeDaySoon Posts: 117
hey aylala, i know how you feel. after we got married it took 14 months before i got a bfp. and we had been going out 11 years, so the wait just seemed eternal! every month i thought this is the month and i stood by while so many of our friends got pregnant. i broke down and cried after each couple told us their news, even though they were friends of ours and i should have been happy for them. particularly the people who got married after us and got pregnant so quickly was frustrating. i began to doubt it would ever work out for us. as you can see from my ticker we got our bfp in the end and i have to say i don't think back on how long it took, cos once you are pregnant you are just so grateful. i now see our wait as time to save more money, read lots of ttc and pregnancy books, get our head around the fact that at some stage we would no longer just be the two of us, go on holiday etc. etc. i know it's hard but try not to compare yourself to others as the grass is not always greener on the other side. your day WILL come, positive thinking. in the meantime, treat yourself to a few magazines and put your feet up this evening and pamper yourself.
aylala Posts: 3673
Mrs. Some day soon and Emme Thanks so much for your replies. It’s nice to feel I’m not alone in this god its so hard you spend your whole life trying not to get pregnant and then you can’t and it’s the whole ‘not knowing’ that’s a killer. But I feel a lot better today and Mrs. SDS best of luck with your pregnancy only 8 weeks to go you must be so excited