Rasberry Leaf Tea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Martiespride Posts: 997
Ive heard so much about this ladies. what does it actually do? I know its something to do with labour or something not sure.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I could have this wrong but someone told me to drink it from 32 weeks on as it softens your cervix up for labour.. I'm sure its no substitute for an epidural but sure what harm can it do anyway :o0
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
It's VILE!!!!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
[quote="Thumbelina":2yqrhkgm]It's VILE!!!![/quote:2yqrhkgm] I agree! And it didn't do anything for me!! (20% HipBaby Discount code for you to use anytime you choose!! Just type HipRec in the promotional box at the checkout to avail of your discount!)
jen09 Posts: 1390
I drank 2-3 cups of rasberry tea for the last 3wks of my pregnancy & all it did was make me pee a lot :o0 I would make it with 2 teabags, squeeze them & then have in bath full of clary sage. I went into labour the day after I was due & had dd the next afternoon so can't be sure if it helped but it certainly didn't hinder anything for me. For the tea - I would let it cool & it tasted like ribena
Emomc Posts: 2069
I think it worth a try anyway. You are really not supposed to take this until around week 33 onwards. Apparently it helps relax the uterine muscles for labour. I didnt find it too bad but it is defintely better chilled.
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Can't you take capsules instead if the tea is so vile?? I'm sure my cousin said she took raspberry leaf capsules & not tea.
Emomc Posts: 2069
Yes red rubies you can take the capsules, and can take these from week 30 onwards. They are not as potent as the tea apparently
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Oh right, thanks!
silíní Posts: 4219
The teabags are no good, you need the use the leaves. I had a big bag of this stuff sent to me by a friend but by the time i got it i was in hosp waiting to be induced at 37 weeks (pre eclampsia)!! My hubby brought it into the hospital room and i was like, jeez put that stuff away!! Notwithstanding the fact that it was now too late to drink it, it looked like a big bag of grass and i was afraid the nurses would think i was bringing my own pain relief to the delivery ward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek