Rasberry Leaf Tea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madridsprog Posts: 272
I've read in a couple of posts that this helps with labor. Can someone tell me how much of it you should drink per day and also where I can buy it in either dublin or carlow? Thanks
milis Posts: 7998
I was lazy and bought the capsules online at birthease.co.uk I think it's supposed to help with the contractions rather than actually help bring labour on.
oddwire Posts: 842
You'll get it in any health food shop, they should also advise how to take it. Some people swear by it either to bring on labour or for contractions. Did nothing for me - induced at two weeks over then had emergency section as I wasn't progressing (and baby was in trouble).
petunia Posts: 1626
theres a health food shop in the middle of the fairgreen shopping centre in carlow if you're looking for one handy....
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I used to drink about 4-5 cups a day from 35 weeks on dd1 but thats because weirdly i liked it. It doesnt bring on labour it tones your uterus and makes your contractions more efficient during labour and helps your uterus to contract quicker after labour. Any health food shop will have it.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
I took capsules that I got in Holand and Barrett from 35 weeks. Increased dosage as time went on. Went on due date. Was induced for failure to progress in the end but no stitches so between that and the perineal massage (which I swear by, the midwives asked me had I been doing it after I delivered!) something worked :o0
Tub Posts: 157
Yes u can get it in any health food shop, i bought the tea bags and have been taking them for the past couple of weeks, i actually like it as well, but as some of the girls mentioned above it doesnt actually bring on labour it helps with contractions during labour, so if it helps then i'll keep drinking it, i try to have a cup or 2 a day when i think of it.