rash under breasts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

curlymum Posts: 64
Hello all. I have just found our I am pregnant and am in very early days. However I have developed a rash under my breasts and on down my abdomin. It itches a little bit . not to bad but was wondering if anyone has this or knows what it is. thanks
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I developed a rash on my bottom and legs during early pregnancy too but I'm not sure to this day whether it was an allergic reaction to fabric conditioner or due to hormonal changes and increased blood flow when pregnant (apparently that can happen). Your skin can also get itchy due to stretching - esp. boobs and tummy but I guess it's a bit early for that. I wouldn't be too worried but if it persists definitely check with your doctor.
willthiswork Posts: 1995
OK, this is really gross but.....I have big boobs, 34F and I'm not evenpregnant! I find that if I don't wear a bra during hot weather I get a rash under my boob. Could that be it?
wedjun06 Posts: 29
I had this as well at about 5 weeks and am large chested also. I just though it was from the heat. I used baby powder in the morning and evening and it shorted itself out.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
You could be sweating more and this is causing a rash, like the others said baby powder will be good for this. Some itching is normal in pregnancy, skin stretching but it can be a sign of a liver condition.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1b051jef]I thought I was pregnant before I even got a BFP because my boobs had gone huge!! I wonder have your boobs gone bigger and perhaps aren't fitting your bras as well now, hence the rash??[/color:1b051jef]