Menu

Rat Pack music

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spanish Bride 2b Posts: 778
Would you have it for your wedding? I wanted a band but H2b wants a singer that performs Rat Pack type music. I love the Rat Pack music but I'm just not sure how it would go down at a wedding. Has anyone had it or been to a wedding that has had it?
wannababba Posts: 1161
we really wanted the rat pack at our wedding and rang all the rat pack style bnads but they were all booked out O:| O:| O:| , after doing all this work famiy and friends told us that they werent mad on the aul rat style anyways, normally I wouldnt let anyone dictate to me as its our wedding and we'll have what we want but I just got a bit nervy and had visions of an empty dance floor all night, so we booked a normal band in the end not sure if this was of any help to you, but Good Luck with your decision
Rockangel Posts: 67
Hi Was at a wedding the weekend before last and they had 2 guys singing Rat pack style during the bands break. I must admit that when I heard they were going to be singing I was thinking "oh no... big mistake". But I have to admit I was totally wrong... they were fab... so much so that I would consider having them for my own wedding (problem is that it was a family wedding and I don't want to look like a copy cat as I have already booked the same band) I have even heard since that they weren't expecting people to get up an dance as it was just meant to be a bit of a chill out.... but the floor was full during their set.
tweetykar Posts: 220
I've booked Conor McKeon & the legends of swing. they are also rat pack style band. anyone i've told think it's a great idea! hopefully it will work our well!
Thanks for all your replies girls! We're planning on having the DJ on for an hour to get everyone up dancing and then having the Rat Pack singer for 2 hours. For the first hour he does all Sinatra and Rat Pack style music and in the second he does a mix of everything including Elvis, Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Barry White, Elton John . The Dj will come on after him again and play til 3 in the morning. I just have this awful image of the dance floor being empty while the Rat Pack music is on .
lcarrick Posts: 1639
hi girls my friend had midnight swing for her wedding there a few weeks ago. they where fab. had every one up also did some elvis and rock and roll so ya weren't stuck with swing style all night, they even did a dj set afterwards so she didn't have any hassle looking for one. they're website is www.bebo.com/midnight swing. i know when she rang the contact they sent her out a cd to have a listen to which is cool. if anyone wants me to get any more details i'll ask my friend let me know good luck
Jennies Invitations
beatingmyselfintoadress Posts: 2387
Yeah, I think rat pack music is brilliant at a wedding! We're just having a DJ not a band, but he will playing loads of that type of music!
bananasplit Posts: 68
I hope people like it as thats what im having at my wedding in a few weeks!! i have never heard it myself at a wedding but i have heard the Irish Rat Pack at other events and they have been fantastic!
[quote="beatingmyselfintoadress":1krcssun]Yeah, I think rat pack music is brilliant at a wedding! We're just having a DJ not a band, but he will playing loads of that type of music![/quote:1krcssun] Just noticed your ticker!!! :eek Are you all set?
WilmaFlintstone Posts: 1318
I'm having Jim Campbell - Sinatra and Friends. I love the music, and I think (hope) that it's something that all ages will enjoy. We are having swing for an 1-1.5hrs and then regular cheesy wedding band music!