Menu

Rathsallagh House? Would really value your opinion

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MerKen Posts: 6
We have recently provisionally booked Rathsallagh House for our wedding in Oct 2007. We really love the whole country house feel and the fact that it closes down to the public for the day so it would just be us and our guests. But (and isn't there always a but) we're a little worried about a few things. Firstly, the shape of the room - it's a long narrow room that bends in the middle a bit. We're worried that the bend will create a divide in the room both during dinner and when the band kicks off. Our second worry is that the bar is not in the function room it is a couple of rooms away and that people will drift away from the festivities down to the bar. I really don't know what to do and I would really appreciate your opinion especially if you've been at a wedding in Rathsallagh or better still if you have had your wedding there.
BB1 Posts: 752
Hi MerKen, My sis got married in Rathsalagh a couple of years ago and I can tell you there is absolutely nothing to worry about. After her wedding there 4 of my cousins have also got married there. There was absolutely no divide whatsoever. If I was getting married in Dublin / Wicklow I wouldnt hesitate to book Rathsalagh, the staff are fantastic and we had the most amazing day there. Also the gardens are so beautiful, some of the photos were just stunning. You couldnt have picked a better venue. Good Luck!
Thanks a million for this, it really helps to hear sombody elses opinion
Mrs. Kidd Posts: 56
My cousin got married here and we would have too, only they don't do weekend weddings. It's a beautiful venue, and I don't recall any divide in the room, or for that matter the bar being a problem. It's beautiful, your guests will be blown away.
Bugs Posts: 511
hiya, I've been to two weddings there and both have blown our socks off. It really is a stunning venue. The bend in the room isn't that noticeable, in fact, if you're sitting at one end, it means that you can see right through to the other end. And in any case, nobody at any wedding can ever see (or care) about the people at the far end of the room to them!!! Loved the bar and the fact that it was such a cosy atmosphere - everybody just got their drinks and came right back into the room as that was where all the action was. Plus, anyone who wanted to have a quiet chat was able to head out to the bar for a little while - a nice additional touch to have. I say go for it!
Thanks a million for all your comments - I think I'm goin to go for it!
Inline - Algarve WP
paulapie Posts: 11
Hi I just got Married there in July andI was so happy I went for Rathallagh everybody that went were amazed..I honestly cannot fault it at all, everything went better than i imagined. Go for it, it was the best decision we made, the only issue i had was filling the rooms and believe it or not the reception was cheaper than they quoted due to the wine not all been drank...see some photos of our wedding in Rathsallagh.Highly reccomended http://www.dermotbyrnephoto.ie/gallerie ... _20072006/
pluppy Posts: 3519
my dad plays a lot of golf here and he thinks it so lovely, he always raves about the food when he comes back, really liked it for ourselves but we're having just a tiny wedding so went elsewhere closer to home check out this, great reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... cklow.html