Menu

Re homing our doberman

Pets, Animal Issues...

Go to WOL Furry Friends

Daisy Row
Empress Wolly

Re homing our doberman

Postby Daisy Row » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:50 pm

After weeks of agonising over it we have decided to re home our doberman. He is 5 and an amazing dog. Great with people, very friendly and loveable. He likes plenty of attention and is a house dog for sure. Chipped and vaccinated but not neutered. I am not sure about how to go about it as I think his age goes against him. Obviously I dont want to put him in any kind of shelter but not sure what to try?

newlywed0912
Major Wolly

Re: Re homing our doberman

Postby newlywed0912 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Sorry to hear you have to rehome ur dog, must be very hard to do it.

Sometimes the lost and found companies will advertise on their Facebook pages that you have a dog to rehome, might be worth a try

Fruice
Major Wolly

Postby Fruice » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Try the Rehoming section of Animals & Pets on boards.ie.

Daisy Row
Empress Wolly

Postby Daisy Row » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

thanks for the replies, will check them out

paws26
New Wolly

Postby paws26 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Ahar is an animal rescue its based in Kerry but they are very helpful and I've seen them help people from all around Ireland.they have a Facebook page :)

Daisy Row
Empress Wolly

Postby Daisy Row » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks paws, just sent them an email

Service Finder
Littlebo
Woloholic

Postby Littlebo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Paws Trust is another one. Please whatever you do not put him in any type of pound. Why do you have to rehome? Has he behavioural issues?

JustJess
Mini Wolly

Postby JustJess » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

dog-not-behaving-when-hubby-not-around-t397764.html
Littlebo wrote:Paws Trust is another one. Please whatever you do not put him in any type of pound. Why do you have to rehome? Has he behavioural issues?

suggest you get him neutered to improve his rehoming chances,

Eleanor Rigby
Royal Wolly

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 am

Awww, the poor fella. I just read JustJess' linked post and it sounds like he suffers from anxiety. Rehoming him will probably cause him a whole lot of stress.

Have you tried behaviour training for his anxiety issues? Once the dog is happier and more settled then rehoming him will cause him less pain and you might be more inclined to keep him. If you're set on giving him away be sure that the shelter he goes to are aware that he suffers from anxiety so they're better able to rehabilitate him while there and that they ensure that he goes to a loving home who can deal with his specidic issues when rehomed.

Few religions are definite about the size of Heaven, but on the planet Earth the Book of Revelation (ch.XXI, v.16) give it as a cube 12,000 furlongs on a side. This is somewhat less than 500,000,000,000,000,000,000 cubic feet. Even allowing that the Heavenly Host and other essential services take up at least two-thirds of this space, this leaves about one million cubic feet for each human occupant - assuming that every creature that could be called 'human' is allowed in, and that the human race eventually totals a thousand times the number of humans alive up until now. This is such a generous amount of space that it suggests that room has also been provided for some alien races or - a happy thought - that pets are allowed.

lorraine78
Princess Wolly

Postby lorraine78 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 pm

I have 2 cats,one thinks it's alright to tip me on the face and wake me up anytime from 5/6 in the morning.If i don't give her attention she cries and knocks stuff off my locker.I have her 6 years and there's not a chance i'd look to re home her.To me,she's part of my family,even though she drives me mad in the morning,I wouldn't put myself or her through the trauma of uprooting her to a different family.
I don't mean to sound harsh,but really think this over,i think it would be very traumatic for the dog,and possibly yourself.
Image[/url]

Go to WOL Furry Friends