Re Rhyme

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Francois Posts: 65
Little Chrissy and Mrsh2b I think we're on our own here, so much so I am thinking now not to put it on invite. I do doubt though that guests would be that narrowminded to buy gifts deliberately. It was my brother who gave me the idea as was recently asked to a wedding and a similar poem was on the invite. He thought it was great. But the majority of opinions apart from ours in negative so I'm going to have to think long and hard about it.
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
you would be extremely suprised just how narrow minded people can be when it comes to weddings!! at the end of the day, its your day, if you want to do it, do it. i suppose my experience stems from my brothers wedding, and others, i noticed that some, and wait for this, because you won't believe it.... but some actually gave nothing!! nothing at all, a full days invite and nothing, nada, these are people that normally do, but for some reason they didn't. and i noted that for a fact some people went off and bought gifts to prove a point. but like i say, just because others may have different opinions doesn't mean you have to do things differently. i just think that as you opened the question up, it should give you a good ratio of opinion.
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
[quote="bubbles61999":3twcn6j4]you would be extremely suprised just how narrow minded people can be when it comes to weddings!! at the end of the day, its your day, if you want to do it, do it. .[/quote:3twcn6j4] EXACTLY!!!! its a great idea each to their own and all that but its YOUR wedding! so if ur guests are offended then they dont deserve to be invited!!xx
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="little_chrissy":1fk3jp8c]if ur guests are offended then they dont deserve to be invited!!xx[/quote:1fk3jp8c] That's a very strange attitude to have IMO. Can't see how you've come up with that at all.
rite im not happy with this at all why am i being bullied? iv already had a direct attack on me being told my attitude stinks im deeply offended and hurt by these people making nasty comments at me
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Nobody is bullying you! Some people have just been a bit taken aback by your attitude towards your guests. There's no need to get so worked up.
attitude towards my guests? no i simply stated my opinion that why should people start bitching that i have asked for money towards my honeymoon and not given a list of things that i dont need? and yes i do think people should appreciate the fact that they have been invited to the most important day of my life and if i want to lean away from traditional why should i be slandered for that? and im sorry but yes i do feel bullied as there are certain people throwin direct comments at me and being extremely nasty i am not goin single out but u can read the posts urself and if u had them comin at u i dont think u would appreciate them either
attitude towards my guests? no i simply stated my opinion that why should people start bitching that i have asked for money towards my honeymoon and not given a list of things that i dont need? and yes i do think people should appreciate the fact that they have been invited to the most important day of my life and if i want to lean away from traditional why should i be slandered for that? and im sorry but yes i do feel bullied as there are certain people throwin direct comments at me and being extremely nasty i am not goin single out but u can read the posts urself and if u had them comin at u i dont think u would appreciate them either
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="little_chrissy":1e3mqrtl]why am i being bullied?[/quote:1e3mqrtl] this old chesnut again...yawn...
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Geeny Mac ....people are out of control on this website as of late? In my opinion no one is bullying you little_chrissy?? In fairness you asked an open question for an opinion and when the replies weren't suiting how you felt your attitude was if they are offended then they don't deserve to go to your wedding? If you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinion then WOL isn't for you my friend :lvs