Reading his Emails & Texts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SaucySue Posts: 15
I've just noticed a couple of threads stating that someone had read their OH's emails or texts and I''m wondering just how many people do it? Personally I have never and would never do it! I know I'd be hugely upset if I found out my OH was doing that. I have nothing to hide but I just think it's a huge invasion of privacy is all. What do you think?
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
No never have. I can't imagine why I ever would unless he asked me to for some reason.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Nope, never have and never will. He is entitled to his privacy.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yep - did with my ex fiance and caught him cheating on me. Hope to never be in a relationship where I have to resort to that again!
theoracle Posts: 7664
We read each others e-mails and texts as needed. We do a lot of work together and often I need to access his e-mails and vice versa for various reasons, but we wouldn't do it habitually ie for snooping reasons, only if a specific reason arose.
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I do, but not in a checking up on him way. I reply on his behalf, he tells me what to write. OH only ever texts me by myself or someone in an emergency, which he hates as he ends up sending xoxox at the end. Even to his boss :o0 . He is very wary of his spelling and would be very self conscious. Likewise for emails, he thinks laptops are scary, so I have to do all his emailing as well. I get a bit annoyed by it, as he won't ring people either - hates talking on the phone - so I come home from work to have a phone flung at me to reply to numerous messages :o0 OH wouldn't be high-tech enough to have an affair - unless it was with an x-box.
Girl Posts: 195
I often do but only when he asks me to send/check a mail or a text from his email account or phone! He isn't very tech savvy so it suits him to let me do it.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Sometimes his phone will go off and he’ll ask me to read out the text to him so I guess that I have read his texts. He wouldn’t be getting anything that he needs to hide from me so there’s no big deal. I don’t routinely do it to check on him though. Honestly don’t care what’s in his inbox.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I said yes but only reason I do is because he asks me too O:o)
lux Posts: 6270
No, like others not unless he asks me to or wants to show me something. I have no desire to read either emails or texts on my own, I don't see the need to.