Reality has kicked in....I'm scared! :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Not so much about the labour for some reason. I know that I can make myself get through that and it'll be worth it because of the end result. What I'm afraid of is all the stuff afterwards. Bleeding, stitches, lose of control down below, aches and pains. I'm worried that I won't be happy and won't enjoy my new baby. And I'm scared of losing control of my body :o( Does that sound selfish or do ye know what I mean? I can cope with pain to get my baby, but I want it to stop after that.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Flutterby I can unederstand why you are nervous about all the after stuff, but I must say I never suffered from any of it. Now in truth, I did have 3 stiches ( i think 3) on my first, and it was a little tender down there and it stung for the first 2 - 3 days in the bath, and for a day or two weeing afterwards but that was about it. Your boobs will be sore for a while too if your not breast feeding, but I would not call it extreme pain, just some discomfort, bu nothing that stopped me enjoing my baby. Also my sister boobs did not really hurt at all after they had there babies, so I think that it does not happen to everyone. I had no loss of control down there after bith, but have it while pregnant. Im sure you will be fine pet. Try not to think about it. As i said I had myself in a state before I had my first, and it really was ok. Jen2
Hepburn Posts: 4081
All I will say Flutterby is don't panic the first time you see your body in the mirror, or have difficulty weeing etc. You are undeniably a bit of an odd sight at first but it's unreal how quickly your body starts to look more like your own. Lose yourself in all things baby and don't spend too much time...(you wont have any anyway) studying yourself in the mirror. Even 4 weeks later your body looks and feels so much better. You will look and feel sexy again....I promise!
Thanks Jen :thnk I got a bit freaked out and down about it last night. Poor hubbie keeps saying not to worry and that he'll look after me which is great. Sorry for the TMI question girls, but does everyone bleed? And how long does it go on for?
[quote="Nantes":3if49beo]All I will say Flutterby is don't panic the first time you see your body in the mirror, or have difficulty weeing etc. You are undeniably a bit of an odd sight at first but it's unreal how quickly your body starts to look more like your own. Lose yourself in all things baby and don't spend too much time...(you wont have any anyway) studying yourself in the mirror. Even 4 weeks later your body looks and feels so much better. You will look and feel sexy again....I promise![/quote:3if49beo] Thanks Nantes :thnk That was another of my worries, that my husband wouldn't find this bloated, messed up woman attractive anymore :-8 I'm going to bring loads of hairbands into the hospital so I can keep all my stragly hair off my face and look somewhat presentable! :-8
Hepburn Posts: 4081
It goes on for about 6 weeks but after the first week and a half it's very light. (was for me anyway) I could probably get away with a panty liner at this stage. (week 4)
Thanks again Nantes. I suppose it's a small price to pay for no periods for months on end :o0 Girls, I feel a lot better now, thanks a million :thnk :thnk
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Flutterby i feel the exact same way, labour doesnt scare me, its the leaky boobs, incontinence, funny looking nipples, bleeding that worry me. Im so happy to be having a baby but tbh all the changes to my body are freaking me out. Im feeling funny this week so thats not helping, but DH says its just all my hormones making me feel strange.
It's mad isn't it NLTG? I suppose it's only a temporary measure...it did make a caesarean sound more appealing but I'm afraid of being cut open too! :o0
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
The pain scares the be-jaysus outta me! I want to go as far as I can without pain relief but of course Ive no idea what its like,im more scared of a c-section and dont want to be induced either...all natural really :eek :eek Im also scared of holding my baby(very little experience)in case I hurt her/him or do something wrong,im scared of people taking over and me showing how weak I am... :o( lots of stuff runs through my head! My friend announced her wedding date to me and I realised we will need a babysitter for the day and it was like HOW strange is that :o0 :ooh