Really annoyed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lindy Posts: 1135
O:| O:| O:| O:| :o( Hi girls im really annoyed this morning . A friend of a friend knits beautiful baby cardigans and hubbys aunt asked her would she make some for me and i told her to name the price. Well i got them the other night she made me 7 and only charged me 50e i am delighted with them they are all different and she done a great job i love them, thing is when i took them out of the bag to show hubby there was an awful smell of smoke of them i was fuming they are so bad very strong smell ill have to wash them before i put them near baby. Imagine smoking making baby clothes im really angry about this she must of had a smoke or two knitting them. :o( sorry about the rant needed to get it off my chest. :o(
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
Ah just wash them they'll be grand.
miracle_baby Posts: 798
You should get your money back and complain, thats so rude.
aurora Posts: 1629
yeah i'd prob be washing anything I bought anyways just to be on the safe side before putting them on a little newborn.
prunella09 Posts: 395
I have visions of the royale family now - knitting a baby cardi while chain smoking and knocking back a can of Dutch Gold. Handwash them with some lovely fabric softener and they will smell divine - just perfect for a baby.
serenity Posts: 3675
I would be a little upset too... I mean if you buy clothes in a shop, you would not expect them to stink of smoke... But like the girls say, give them a wash and use plenty of fabric conditioner to soften them up anyway and they will be fine... LOVE the little cardys... So cute on newborns...... x
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I can understand completely I had sourced a supplier to make me some personalised Christmas baby grows etc but when i got her sample which looked lovely the smell of smoke nearly knocked me out...No way would I send stuff smelling of smoke or anything!! :eek
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Thats bad alright, I would be going mad. Nothing worse than a stink of smoke, even worse smelling it off baby clothes :eek Even if she wasnt actually smoking while knitting them if she had been smoking before the smell would still be on her fingers. Gross... My Mom knits baby cardigans, booties etc. She doesnt smoke but she even kills me sister if my sister goes near them with smokey hands! Like some of the others said maybe put them on a gentle wash with some nice Fabric conditioner & they'll be smelling divine :-8
funkyfish Posts: 7626
you should wash baby clothes before putting them on/ the smell of fairy softener is just divine
lindy Posts: 1135
I got a box of fairy and fairy comfort so I'll wash them tonight. I don't wash baby clothes that are in a packet. Just towels and blankets I wash