Really bad Headache @ 8wks...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
Hi girls. Hoping you can help me out. I'm braving the worst tension headache of my life, over the last two days. This morning I had to take two panadol cause I was up the half the night. Is this ok??? :o(
hewe Posts: 60
Hi Honeypot, congrats on your pregancy. I suffered from migranes around 8 weeks, it was shocking i had it for 3 days in a row, i even went to my gp but he said that as i was so early on in pregancy that he couldnt give me anything, he told me that it was ok to take panadol as long as it was no more than 6 a day every 4 hours..I am 13 weeks now and still get the odd headache but they are not as bad, i try not to take too many panadol and just drink water and it seems to ease a bit..hope you feel better soon.
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
[quote="hewe":3114xzik]Hi Honeypot, congrats on your pregancy. I suffered from migranes around 8 weeks, it was shocking i had it for 3 days in a row, i even went to my gp but he said that as i was so early on in pregancy that he couldnt give me anything, he told me that it was ok to take panadol as long as it was no more than 6 a day every 4 hours..I am 13 weeks now and still get the odd headache but they are not as bad, i try not to take too many panadol and just drink water and it seems to ease a bit..hope you feel better soon.[/quote:3114xzik] Thanks so much for the response. Going stir crazy. I'm drinking cold water, and was using a cold face-cloth last night, but couldn't take it into work.... no-one knows yet. O-O
JLa Posts: 527
Hi HP2010 Don't worry too much about it - I know it's a nightmare though! I had really bad headaches on and off until I was about 14-16 weeks, and the nurse/GP just told me to take the odd paracetemol to get me through. I didn't bother most of the time, as I always found that it just took the edge off and then the headache would come right back! Like everything else in pregnancy, rest and lots of water will help too!! Good luck with it all!!
Anne Boleyn Posts: 709
I too had bad headaches for the first few months of my pregnancy & just took paracetamol- I think that's all you can take. Try to sleep as much as you can too- I found that helped a bit. It's miserable though. Hope you feel better soon :action32
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I have had really bad headaches for a few weeks now. It was a symptom that I wasn't expecting. However a few weeks ago I moved office at work and I think that I am actually getting headaches from my new computer screen! The pain is definitely more pronounced when I'm watching TV etc and they seem to subside when I am resting or when I go to bed. It's weird but my eyes seem to have got more sensitive with pregnancy and the strain seems to be giving me headaches (or at least making them worse). It's all very strange!