really need your advice-OPKs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsMoojez Posts: 374
OK heres the thing: Got + smiley face on OPK on Saturday at 2pm- clearblue digital. DTD for 3 days before and then Saturday and yesterday morning. So i reckon I'm 2 DPO. Have cramps like AF all day today and just got a massive amount of CM - sorry about the TMI- Really stretchy and both white and clear. Lots of it too. is it possible that the OPK was incorrect?? I followed the instructions. Cant use my temps because i was out for a few drinks on the nights where the temps would have mattered so temps are all over the shop! thanks!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi Nic, id say the clear blue digital are accurate, you usually get EWCM the day or so before ovulation. Id say that the "cm" could be semen leaking out. This usually happens me a day or so after DTD and seeing as you did so much it could be it!!! Its difficult to tell the difference between it and cm.
ya- maybe thats it but this 'feels' different- sorry about the TMI! It isnt semen cos its mostly clear and very stretchy.I've had EWCM since Thursday of last week. None yesterday and now a load today. Just afraid that we might miss the egg this month by relying on the OPK?
anyone? sorry- could really do with some advice!
sunnyside Posts: 3164
I would dtd again just in case. That way you are covered whether the opk is accurate or not. I don't know if any of these tests are 100% reliable. Not sure if that's of any help. :wv
anyone? sorry- could really do with some advice!
ros Posts: 749
Hi There, Sounds to me like you're still fertile so I would jump on your man when you get home! A positive OPK usually means you'll ovulate after 24 and before 48 hours (but read your instructions very carefully as they can vary from one to another) so if you got a positive on Saturday you will have ovulated (probably) on Sunday or Monday. You should be taking your temps to confirm ovulation. Good luck!!! :wv :wv
THANKS to everyone who replied! the OPK said I would ovulate between 24 and 36 hours (Clearblue) so if I got that result at 2pm Saturday afternoon, 36 hrs later would be 2am Monday morning. We DTD yesterday morning so that was perfect timing then. will have to convince DH this evening- he's feeling a bit used after all the BD since last Thursday!!