Really nice people who end up with total spanners

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mustang Sally Posts: 394
I should probably post this in Let Off Steam....but here goes. My OH has at least two good friends who are dotes. Salt of the earth, all round nice guys. Good-looking too and smart etc. The whole package so to say. But their girlfriends are TOTAL spanners. Like real b*&ches, you know. And I honestly don't think I'm being unfair, other people seem to share that general opinion. I feel so sorry for them and so angry (in fairness, mainly because they are having an effect on me in an indirect way at the moment). I know it's probably infuriating that I'm not going into details but has anyone else experienced this? Really nice people, ending up with complete tools where you are left thinking - what in the world do you see in this person?
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Oh god, I know exactly what you mean, too well. CAn't go into details either suffice to say it kills me to see people like this wasting their lives. And nothing you do will solve anything so you just gotta keep your mouth shut and let them be, hopefully they'll figure it out for themselves.
Mustang Sally Posts: 394
I know, just as you said. I feel they are wasting their lives when they could surely be happier with someone else....I know, I know, who am I to judge, I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I know and I do accept that but....
Emme Posts: 4735
You know what...mental hormone Mammy moment here but it's one of those day to day things I DREAD for DS in the future. My little angel would never be THE spanner like!! But again, too many people I care about are with wagons or w*nkers and it's too common. I feel so bad for them cause it must eventually get demorilising. I just don't understand how they think that they have to put up with being treated like they are. Like, nothing dramatic but you're just looking at some couples going 'you are being treated like Sh1t'. No mutual respect at all.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="Mustang Sally":b1rp73f7]I know, just as you said. I feel they are wasting their lives when they could surely be happier with someone else....I know, I know, who am I to judge, I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I know and I do accept that but....[/quote:b1rp73f7] I totally get it too. Good friend of ours is one of these really nice people. Very frustrating for everyone around the couple, but nothing you can do or say or you risk alienating the friend. Realistically all you want to do is grab their shoulders and say "you can do SO much better, just start again". Alas, that will never happen. *sigh*
[quote="Emme":1f07c1fj]No mutual respect at all[/quote:1f07c1fj] Or the nice people who turn into complete spanners when they're with their partners. They become jealous/nagging/rude/mean but only when with their other halves. And you introduce them to your other friends but afterwards you have to go around saying "they're not normally like that, honest".
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I think everyone knows someone like this. Then you have lovely, gorgeous friends who can't seem to find anyone! Its so frustrating, how do eejits and unpleasant people end up with lovely partners?
Cos love is blind ACS. Annoyingly blind.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
[quote="Sassypants":jqvcq80t]Cos love is blind ACS. Annoyingly blind.[/quote:jqvcq80t] And sometimes a bit stupid. And desperate.
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":29entnf0][quote="Sassypants":29entnf0]Cos love is blind ACS. Annoyingly blind.[/quote:29entnf0] And sometimes a bit stupid. And desperate.[/quote:29entnf0] With loud biological clocks