Really scared

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsodo Posts: 1292
Girls, I was lifting a heavy load today to the car today, (heavy frames, laptop, bundle of contracts) and I had to balance everything on one arm while I bent to open a door and then the boot of my car. Every since then I've had bad cramps. I'm so scared that I'm going to mc. I only found out I was pg this week. Has this happened to anyone before? I rang a friend after and she said that during the first trimester I shouldn't even do any hoovering. I'm so worried.
lastminutebride Posts: 785
Unless you're bleeding, I honestly wouldn't worry. I had plenty of cramps around the time I found out I was pregnant - loads of people do. As far as I can find out, it was probably the baby burrowing itself nice and snug into the lining of the womb! I think your friend is, well, exaggerating. (Or else she hates hoovering and found a way to make her man do it for three months.) I've never, ever heard anything like that. My sister-in-law and I were both told by doctors that if an activity doesn't damage you, it won't damage the baby! I basically did practically everything exactly the way I always do. That baby's pretty safely bubble-wrapped inside you. It takes an awful lot to damage them.
Hi Lastminutebride, thanks for responding, that's put my mind at ease. I'd be heartbroken if anything bad happened, esp if it would have ben my own fault for lifting something heavy, basically I was doing lazy mans load! Thanks again, :thnk
Emomc Posts: 2069
JuJu beans, Sorry to hear you are in such a state, I just want to say that I hope your cramps pass. I know its hard but stay positive and try not to think the worst. I had period like cramping just as I found out I was pregnant as a lot of women do (not sure if that is to do with implantation or whatever) but I did not mc. Re your friends advice all I can say a lot of mums to be would have very dirty houses if we followed that advice :o0 TBH I think that is totally extreme unless you are at risk for some reason (e.g previous miscarriages), but do take it wasy now over next few days just to be on the safe side Stay focused and positive and hope all goes okay for you :xox
babyluck Posts: 764
you are fine! you may have excercised tummy ligaments that are already changing at this stage so that is the cramps only worry if they continue and you have bleeding how does your friend think mums expecting their 2nd baby cope with being pregnant and having to run around after a small baby - she has it sussed so dont worry! *)
Thanks girls, you've really put my mind at rest. Honestly I don't know how I'd cope without the support on this site. :thnk :thnk :thnk
jen09 Posts: 1390
If you have any serious concerns ring your gp; they have no probs taking calls from worried mums to be. And as for not hoovering? I traveled the east coast of Oz from 6-13wks pregnant with no issues what so ever
MammaMia Posts: 33
jujubeans, I had the worst cramps of my life for the first 8 weeks. I have never felt pain like it. I was convinced I would loose the baby. It was like period pans X100. REally deep intense pains. My consultant says it is very common on a first pregnancy as your womb is bascially stretching from the size of a lemon to the size of a watermelon in the first 12 weeks. I went for a private scan at 8 weeks to reassure myself. Even at that point, with horrible morning sickness I thought I would get bad news. Book in for a private scan - seeing the baby and the little heartbeat will push all those worries away. I'm now 16 weeks and all is going well.
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Mamma Mia.. that's very reassuring. I don't have the WORST cramps ever, but I have been worried by reading that they should be much lighter than AF cramps which I'm not finding them to be. I've booked an early scan too! Juju.. Just think, if you were on baby 2 or 3 you might be regularly carrying around a 1-2 stone toddler (maybe while hoovering :o0 ). Cramping just seems to be something that we all get.. I wish that someone had told me half this stuff before I got pg! It's a pain to just find yourself worrying about stuff that has happened to millions of pg women before you!