Really sharp stitch-like pains

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
God they're really bad today. I got up to get something at the other side of the office and I actually winced with the pain that I got. its down low on my left abdomen. I'm not worried about it really, but does anyone else get it this bad? I suppose its worse at some times than others if there is more stretching going on?
Topolino Posts: 1659
I've had stitch like pains, normally on the right hand side. They weren't as bad as yours sound though. Do ask your doctor if you're really worried but like you said, it's probably just stretching.
ms jolie Posts: 166
that sounds like a pain I experienced yesterday, wonder if it is to do with being pregnant?
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Yeah I used to get it around your stage its prob streching but like topolino said just say it to doc at next visit just to make sure
Me Julia Posts: 1352
Yes, i had them, sometimes i still get them. Mine were at 15-16 weeks. Were so sharp low down on right hand side. Lasted a minute or so, i had to quickly sit down. I then got it again a few minutes later. I asked the doctor about it and he said it was stretching and nothing to worry about. Even now at 26 weeks i get the odd sharp one. 2 of my friends had the same thing so dont worry.
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi Madgie I did get a lot of sharp pain around your stage, I think you do a lot more growing in those few weeks so thats prob all it is If it doesn't go away though do contact your doctor as it shouldn't be constant HTH
noon Posts: 229
Hi there, I just had a really bad stitch like pain walking back from lunch. I was in agony. Had it a couple of times over the past few weeks. I mentioned it to the consultant last week and he said it's quite common from ligaments loosening.
pluto Posts: 3893
Thanks girls....its definitely eased now. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the replies! :thnk
Idina Posts: 1289
I had these-it was my bowel (TMI sorry!)