Really sore lower back in early pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
I think I am around 5 weeks pregnant (going to the doctors on thursday for first appointment). My lower back is totally killing me today, just wondering has anyone else experienced this? I did have a really busy day yesterday and I'm tired today so that may be whats caused it. Thanks
twinpeaks Posts: 548
My back was really painful for a few days, sporadic now. I have had back trouble before so really expecting it to be an issue for me during this pregnancy.
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I've also been having lower back pain. Sometimes like a period pain and then other times it's just stiff and sore.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
Thanks for the replies. I've never suffered from back pain before. It feels exactly like period pain. Its so bad I've actually had to come home frm work as sitting at my desk was making it worse. Going to lie up on sofa now :o(
jarashow Posts: 3083
I started getting back pain about 2 weeks ago. Only when I would wake in bed and first thing in the morning. I remember first time round, although far later along, I would get it from sleeping on my back (the weight of the uterus on my spine) so was surprised when it started this early.
mimmie Posts: 601
Hi there, I am 9 weeks and had back pain from about 5 weeks on. I went for a scan as I wanted to make sure all was ok and I was told it was prob just the muscles stretching to get ready for the baby. I still get it on and off now.I think it can be a sign of kidney infections too, so maybe try to drink lots of fluids :wv