Really Thirsty

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsK07 Posts: 454
Hi All, For the last few days I have been really thirsty in the afternoon. I try to drink water but it just seems to be sitting in my chest. Is drinking something like diet 7up ok because I would be thinking about gestational diabeties if I was to have too much of it. It just makes me feel much better. Any ideas.
honeybee Posts: 624
Oh goodness i was drinking 4ltrs of water and still thirsty from about 10weeks or so in general thrist can be associated with digestational diabetes(although in my case wasnt). Just drink lots of fluid.
chicam Posts: 1169
It can be deydration also, a normal pregnancy side-effect. Just drink lots, like Lucozade sport and if you're concerned about diabetes, tell your GP or midwife soon as ya can!
McMummy Posts: 1041
Oh I was exactly the same I never usually drink that much water etc but when I was pregnant I was always parched. Usually I wouldn’t drink soft drinks, just don’t like sugary drinks but I found water made me feel sick and 7up seemed to quench the trust more. Like you I was worried about drinking too much of it so I switched to Ame as there’s no added sugar and it did the trick. I used to drink loads of it. It’s expensive enough but as I wasn’t drinking alcohol or able to eat my favourite foods anymore I didn’t worry about the cost too much 
newly_wed Posts: 1039
My friend has gestational diabetes and she can drink the 7up zero no problem. I suffer on and off with bad thirst also and was convinced I'd be diagnosed with gestational diabetes too, but so far so good. Like one of the other posters mentioned, dehydration can be a normal part of pregnancy.
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Thanks a mil Girls. Must try that Ame. I'm usually really good at drinking water but at the mo its just too sickening. Haven't any problems with diabeties but we just have to be more aware of what we put into ourselves. Thanks for the advise.