Recc someone to make wedding rings?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BusyDee Posts: 8527
H2b wants to get his wedding ring made. He has a gold claddagh ring that belonged to his gran so he wants to see if he could get it melted down and made into his wedding ring with platinum or paladium (sp) something like this: [img:lofplsjf]http://www.allcelticjewellery.com/SmallProductPictures/WED2S.jpg[/img:lofplsjf] With the claddagh design in gold from his grans ring! Anyone done anything similar? Also roughly how much are we talking? And how long did it take to make? Will probably need to get my own made too! Thanks!
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I know a jeweler that might be able to help. Pm me if you want his details. :wv
febride Posts: 9
I have a good friend who is a jeweller in Dublin, pm me if you want his details.
babybambino Posts: 940
Barry Doyle is in the George's arcade in Dublin and he's excellent, we got our rings made there and friends of ours have gone to him since they liked ours so much
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Just pm-ed you :wv
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Thanks MrsAH, will contact them. Jocasta - I heard of Barry Doyle alright from on here, will have a look at his website (assuming he has one!) Did it take long to get your ring made?
buttercup540 Posts: 6
Hi DCee... :yelrotflmaosmilie: my mothers friend got herself and her husbands wedding rings made in a place called designworks Tuula Harrington goldsmith and designer here in cork.they were married before so got their old rings melted down into new ones. Also, my mother had an old ring that was her grandmothers but was broken in half and in very bad condition, she gave it to this place with an old ring she didnt wear ne more. She melted the ring nd reconstructed it back into what my mother described. It looked absalutly fab. It cost 360 as she added a saphire into it. This girl is amazing it looks jus like it did in the pictures wen my great grandmother wore it. hope this helped:D Have the address and number if you want it:D
2010newmisses Posts: 94
Hi There us a jewler Patrick Glynn in abbey street Dublin make anything u want at amazin price and care is amazin made my engagment ring exacly as I wanted and making wedding rings so perfect defo go in see him bring any photo will do it identical good luck
babybambino Posts: 940
I think we went to him about 4 months before the wedding and he took our wedding date and had them ready a few weeks before. Sorry I can't remember the exact details!
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
hi there you should try Curtin and Lawlor in middle abbey street. i got my engagements ring with him and we are getting our wedding bands there too. My fiance went in told them what he wanted and they made up the ring...and it is beautiful......