Recent Durrow brides?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2010planner Posts: 24
Any particular recommendations or gripes? Thanks!
soontobmrsT Posts: 96
Hi 2010planner, I know two people who have been at weddings there and have said its amazing and couldnt fault it! I am thinking of looking at CD for my own wedding, have you booked?
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Hi there We got married in Durrow last year and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough. Everything was just amazing- they just look after you so well. The location, atmosphere, staff…everything. Food is so delicious too; people still say it to me about how nice they thought the food was on the day. I have no gripes at all :o0 We actually went back on Saturday for a Valentines treat and had a great time.
Hi soontobeMrst! Yes, we're having ours at Durrow in August - saw it first, fell in love with the place and struggled to find anything else that we wanted afterwards! Its a fabulous venue - pricey, but hopefully worth it from what I'm hearing! Columbo30 - can I ask a few questions?! We're still organising things, who did you go for to do hair and makeup and would you recommend? We're based in London so I'm trying to make a lot of decisions based on websites and recommendations...or at least get a top 3 list! Anything in particular we should think about? Thanks!
soontobmrsT Posts: 96
Hey planner 2010, Just wondering were they open to negotiation? every little helps :)
to tell you the truth - we didn't even try! They seemed to cover all options and to my mind they were well out there above other options so we just said yes. I get the impression from what I've read that they don't negotiate that much - they do detail when you visit them the different prices for different times of the year and days of the week, so it all depends on when you want it...sorry - not much help!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="2010planner":3jyoctx4]Hi soontobeMrst! Yes, we're having ours at Durrow in August - saw it first, fell in love with the place and struggled to find anything else that we wanted afterwards! Its a fabulous venue - pricey, but hopefully worth it from what I'm hearing! Columbo30 - can I ask a few questions?! We're still organising things, who did you go for to do hair and makeup and would you recommend? We're based in London so I'm trying to make a lot of decisions based on websites and recommendations...or at least get a top 3 list! Anything in particular we should think about? Thanks![/quote:3jyoctx4] Hey there: I used Susan Peggs and Rhona Cullinan for hair and make up respectively. http://www.susanpeggs.com www.professionalmakeup.ie They are independent of each other however also do a good bit of work together and are good friends. I LOVED the results. My hair and make up were still perfect at 4 am. They were very professional and are both really nice people too- made the atmosphere on the morining of the wedding great. I stayed in the Bridal suite the night before and left from Durrow castle so they both travelled to me- cost of travel was 30/euro. I got my cake from a place in Portlaoise called Jims country Kitchen- he did a great job and delivered to Durrow for free on the morning of the wedding. Flowers we got from Lawlors Florist in Durrow- was very happy with them too. Oliver is the man to deal with there. Let me know if you need anything else. :wv
caro! Posts: 9
hi there, i'm getting married there in Sept and only gripe so far is the price!! Its very expensive but hopefully it will be worth it! Quick Question: We are going to have a buffet the night before for the guests that are there....is this something that the bride & groom pay for or do the guests themselves pay for? Any opinions would be appreciated! C
hunnymonster Posts: 725
parents of the groom usually pay for the meal the night before.
sabs Posts: 31
We are getting married in Durrow in 10 weeks. Had my makeup trial there a couple of weeks ago with the girl Powder Box and wasn't mad about it. So have another trial on Thursday with Rhona Cullinan. Also having a trial same day with Sandra Berstock also from professionalmakeup.ie Like Columbo both are travelling down to me on the morning. We are having the buffet meal the night before but this is complementary if we fill at least 15 rooms the night before. Our wedding is on a Monday so got a better deal based on that and have no problem filling the required 15 rooms. Also using Lawlors for flowers and he is a pleasure to deal with!!! Will let you all know how I get on on the day!