Reception in Trinity College

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jeffy Posts: 2
Hi all, Has anyone had their wedding reception in Trinity College - dining hall/atrium? Looking for any and all feedback on catering and venue in general from brides who've had their weddings there/guests at weddings/even just anyone who has eaten there (Trinity banqueting team) or been at an event there/anyone who has considered having their wedding there and decided against it! Please send all feedback and thoughts! Thank you!!!
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I used to work in TCD and the Atrium and dining hall are fabulous! The Atrium would be great for your drinks reception. I don't know who they have to cater for that sort of formal event though. Having said that the food in the private restaurant upstairs (the 1592) was always good. It'd make for fantastic photos I think :wv
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I can't be of much help as I've no experience of functions there - but I just wanted to say - class idea. Would be really excited to go to a wedding in Trinity!
daisy2012 Posts: 619
+1 for the drinks reception in the atrium - I love it! Its so cosy but has great atmosphere! Can't help re the catering asd Ive no experience of functions, but best of luck with organising it, its a lovely idea!
jeffy Posts: 2
Thanks so much for your responses girls! I love the idea myself! Slightly concerned that the acoustics in the Atrium might not be great for the band but we're meeting the banqueting manager soon and I'm hoping to get it all confirmed O-O If anyone else has feedback on the Trinity dining hall/atrium as a reception venue, please let me know!!
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Trinity is an excellent venue for weddings - I've attended a few wedding there, and have organised a few dinners there too. The only thing I'd say is that you have to be off campus by midnight (at least that's the way it *used* to be), which can be something of a drawback. Otherwise, food is great, room is beautiful, staff are excellent.