Reception music - good or bad idea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wedding Cork 09 Posts: 30
Hi, Just wondering is reception music a good or bad idea. I was thinking of having a jazz 2 piece to play at the hotel between church and the meal. What do ye think?
CestMoi Posts: 2162
Depends on your budget I suppose. Personally I wouldn't be bothered because most people are catching up and chatting with each other, some will notice and enjoy it, but I would say the majority will vaguely remember it. (Don't mean offence by this but other things will be going on). I'm trying to keep a tight budget, so this wouldn't be on my list. If you are into jazz then it might come up your list of priorities, and it could be a nice touch.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I agree with Summer Bride 2009. It really is a time when everone catches up for a chat. But people vary. Go with what you want it is your day after all.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We're having a jazz duo & I cannot wait - pre-reception music works really well in the venue as it's separate to the hotel itself so once the guests arrive that is where they stay until they are called in for the meal - there's no hotel bar etc for them to go to! I don't think it's necessary but it's something we're looking forward to having!