recomend your 'pill'

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

somanyqs Posts: 262
Just looking for advise/experiences on the pill i am currently on depo injection but thinking of going back on the pill after wedding in the new year. Any advice welcome!or what qs to ask doc?! Thanks in advance :)
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I took Marviol for 10 years with no problems on it.
Couchkitten Posts: 438
I'm on Mercilon for donkey's years and have had no problems. How did you find the Depo shot? I'm thinking of changing over to that for a while.
Doozer28 Posts: 881
I was on microlite for over 7 years & never had a problem with it.
ladymacbeth Posts: 713
Isn't the depo going off the Market ?
MrsScuttle Posts: 407
I was on depo for years and loved it but then the doc stopped prescribing it as they (the doc) didnt think that it was good for long term use.. something to do with bone density!! I was RAGING cause it was one of the only methods that suited me. Post shot I was on Evra patches which were very good and very convenient. Then onto Yasmin (OOOO NOT GOOD for me, moody, couldnt sleep and painful periods) then onto Ovranette. I found the Ovranette the best of the pills but I would recommend the Evra patch as the top choice.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="MrsScuttle":2b3x1tox]I was on depo for years and loved it but then the doc stopped prescribing it as they (the doc) didnt think that it was good for long term use.. something to do with bone density!! I was RAGING cause it was one of the only methods that suited me. Post shot I was on Evra patches which were very good and very convenient. Then onto Yasmin (OOOO NOT GOOD for me, moody, couldnt sleep and painful periods) then onto Ovranette. I found the Ovranette the best of the pills but I would recommend the Evra patch as the top choice.[/quote:2b3x1tox] +1 for Ovranette. Also if you buy all 6 months in the chemist in 1 go in works out at like €7 or something ridiculous!
Laurad999 Posts: 123
I was on Microlite and then Mercillon for the best part of a decade. They were relatively cheap. I got my cycle back within weeks of stopping them. Never had a problem with it.
somanyqs Posts: 262
[quote="Couchkitten":18hkhiwt]I'm on Mercilon for donkey's years and have had no problems. How did you find the Depo shot? I'm thinking of changing over to that for a while.[/quote:18hkhiwt] I find it AMAZING doc said same as MrsScuttle not good to be on it for too long for bone density. Other reason is because I am getting married soon said would be better with Pill so I can decide when I want to stop it and start ttc rather than waiting out for depo to leave system! Aside from that I love it! I don't ge periods on it skin has improved no weight gain (wouldnt mind gaining on the boobies tough!!) literally have no complants whatsoever ifonly they did it in pill form with no bone issues would be a best seller everyone would be on it! Also glad I am not the only one who hated Yasmin the world andher granny seem to be on it!