Recommend a breast pump

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marif Posts: 141
I'm looking at buying a breast pump, and would greatly appreciate any advice!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Hi Marif, I obviously havent started breast feeding as yet :o0 :o0 but have been looking into this and also asked a couple of friends aswell as my antenatal class and they all seem to recommend the Medela Swing one, hth :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
definately the medla swing! Although mine broke - twice O:| so keep receipt and they'll replace it for you. After it broke second time DD was 8 months so I just got a hand one at that stage, the advent one it's brill, but will definately get the swing again for this LO
babyforus Posts: 1619
Oh good, I've ordered the madela swing. I've no hospital bag done yet, but I've the breat pump...?! Good lord, I _will_ finish the hospital bag this evening.
Daff Posts: 11644
BFU might be worth holding off on the pump as it's so expensive. You wont' be able to use sit for the first few weeks anyway and then you'll know if BF is working for you and can buy it hten?
just to let yous knows girls ive just ordered some nursing bras on the debenhams website, they have 20% off so I got 2 of them for €31 with free delivery, saying that they are not the most attractive ones going but hey for that price why not??? Heres the link if anyone is interested http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stor ... reId=10052
Dying4it Posts: 19
[quote="daffodil mummy ":1kkaqrt8]BFU might be worth holding off on the pump as it's so expensive. You wont' be able to use sit for the first few weeks anyway and then you'll know if BF is working for you and can buy it hten?[/quote:1kkaqrt8] Yeah wouldn't buy it now either. Think they're about 90euro so dear enough. Well worth it once your supply comes in.
MrsB1982 Posts: 150
hi mrs summer, thats a really good deal, but how did you know which size to go for? i havent a clue!
[quote="MrsB1982":1gds25s7]hi mrs summer, thats a really good deal, but how did you know which size to go for? i havent a clue![/quote:1gds25s7] Mrs B, Was told at our antenatal that whatever size you are at approx 33-34 weeks (I know my ticker says im 32 weeks but the hospital had me at 33), leave the back as is and add 2 cup sizes meaning, Now im a 38D so I ordered 38E, get what I mean??? :wv
MrsB1982 Posts: 150
Yes! Thanks Mrs Summer! I haven't been measured in ages, so need to go back as I think I am bigger than the bras I'm wearing! I'm coming 34 weeks, so will go in the next few days I think. Thanks for the info. xx