Recommend a dishwasher

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

squinn Posts: 169
Hi Our dishwasher needs replacing, can anyone recommend what to buy? It has to be integrated. Clueless as to what brand to go for. It will get a lot of use
MrsDarcy Posts: 805
Bosch or whirlpool.....we have a zanussi one in work that gets a lot of abuse and its sh*te hth squinn :wv p.s.: one piece of advise - take out the extra warranty if there is one, usually its only an extra few bob for three yrs. well worth it.
Littlebo Posts: 2598
So True...Whirlpool is good and has an 8 year parts guarantee but you have to activate it but BOSCH is definitely better and Whirlpool comes in second....WELL actually Siemens is the best and will last you years but BOSCH are made by Siemens so they are nearly as good.....just difference in price and obviously quality! If you can afford it go with Bosch..it will last you longer( I own 2 rented houses and both are rented over 5 years).......even when there is something wrong with them they can be fixed...so our Plumber just told us as they have stronger components......we just got our dryer and washer ...Interated are so expensive too as they are so detailed it really is good to get good....MY BIGGEST avice is stay away from HOTPOINT!!
MrsDarcy Posts: 805
[quote="Littlebo":3tgu2ldh]....MY BIGGEST avice is stay away from HOTPOINT!![/quote:3tgu2ldh] +1
squinn Posts: 169
Thanks girls, just googled it quickly and i see a huge difference in prics http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/category/Built%20In/320. Am wondering should I just go for the cheap bellig? I thought hotpoint was supposed to be good, thank god for wol!
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
right, ill do it how much per plate will you pay me
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="MrsDarcy":2atjj2bp][quote="Littlebo":2atjj2bp]....MY BIGGEST avice is stay away from HOTPOINT!![/quote:2atjj2bp] +1[/quote:2atjj2bp] Why is that? We've had our Hotpoint washing machine and dishwasher for nearly four years now and never had an issue with either.
HI, I used to work for Euronics and it has a terrible reputation and justified, believe me. It used to have the best reputation and they were great but now they have gone with cheaper parts and much cheaper materials and their Customer Service is dreadful! Our Customer Service DEpartment used to be full, full of repair requests for Hotpoint - 90% and they would take weeks to revert back to us and then of course the Store looks bad as the customer thought it was out fault!! They just are weak and I stopped even selling them as I couldn' t Guilt Free sell something that I knew wouldn't last ( I know I was too honest to be a salesperson) but I was suprised that the amount of people who still bought them as just like my Mother their Hotpoint had lasted 25 years, NOT anymore! Hope this helps and also I would buy Belling well before Hotpoint but just for your peace of mind, give a good feel of the platic racks etc in the Belling, Whirlpool and Bosch and you will see what I mean about the difference in strengths.......Belling will give you at least 5 years so I would have no prob recommending it. Hope this helps and sorry for being so long winded!!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Thats mad, we actually bought a Belling fridge and oven when we moved in four years ago and the fridge crapped out after three years and the oven never worked properly!
Well to be honest Belling is a cheap/mid range market and in general it will last no longer than 5 years but I would recommend it if you know that you are going to replace it within these years. In saying that I had a Belling Fridge that lasted only 3 years and I shouldve known by the weak plastic shelves but I have a brilliant Belling oven in a house that is battered by tenants and it's 6 years old and has never caused us any problems, had a hotpoint washer and also a dryer and had them repaired twice within the year and 2 years later had to throw them out! Then started in Euronics and all became clear but in saying that you can be lucky and your appliances could work for years, just the likelyhood with Hotpoint is less which is why go Whirlpool or more preferable Bosch.