Recommend a good bf book..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finallymum Posts: 485
Hi girls Tried breast feeding last time but only lasted the week - sore cracked nipples, engorged breasts, kidney infection, baby not latching were just some of my problems so this time I want to be prepared.......I know some books were recommended when I had ds 2.5yrs ago but new ones might have come on the market, so anyone with any suggestions, let me know :) Thanks
PetiteFeet Posts: 506
I had What to Expect Your Breastfeeding and What to do if you Can't and I found it great. Really easy to dip in and out of with specific questions. Will be pulling it out again. Think there is an accompanying DVD which is supposed to help with explaining positioning etc but I didn't have that so don't know if its any good. HTH
Finallymum Posts: 485
[quote="PetiteFeet":3cx2zzh2]I had What to Expect Your Breastfeeding and What to do if you Can't and I found it great. Really easy to dip in and out of with specific questions. Will be pulling it out again. Think there is an accompanying DVD which is supposed to help with explaining positioning etc but I didn't have that so don't know if its any good. HTH[/quote:3cx2zzh2] Thanks petitefeet, I'll look that one up on Amazon!
SMMC4 Posts: 54
Hi Finallymum, Am pregnant with my first baby and have been thinking about bf so don't know re books but have to say I went on to you tube and they had loads of videos showing you how to do it right, what to do if you have problems etc. It was a real eye opener for me, i thought some of the videos were fantastic so it might be worth you having a look.