Menu

Recommend a one day Ante Natal Class Dublin

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

mamasarus
Princess Wolly

Re: Recommend a one day Ante Natal Class Dublin

Postby mamasarus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

We went to Doreen Buckley, found it excellent. DH said he got alot from it & enjoyed it way more than he thought he would. The notes are v good too.
Oh and no scary birth video!

laineyk
New Wolly

Postby laineyk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi,

Not sure if you have booked somewhere yet?

I did my ante-natal yesterday with 2as1. We did it in Clontarf Castle in Dublin but it can also be done in Trim as this is where Susan (midwife) lives.

I found this great and learned loads would really recommend Susan's class and has a great after care also! Plus if you have health cover you can claim some of the money back!

Ours cost €190.00, it was on from 10 to 6.30 and we were provided with dinner and snacks through out the day.

This is the website http://www.2as1.ie/, email me if you want to ask any q's

Best of luck with your pregnancy,

Elaine

abouttimebride
Mini Wolly

Postby abouttimebride » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:03 pm

bump - looking for recent reviews of antenatal classes on weekends in dublin north or county in particular. any recommends or places to avoid?

Sunspeckle
Mini Wolly

Postby Sunspeckle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:21 pm

We did the hazel Cazzini one day course. €160 for the both of us with refreshments and info packs included www.antenatelclasses.ie would recommend but I'm nt sure location would suit you

Feb 14 BFP :)

Hbombadero
Wolly Addict

Postby Hbombadero » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 am

I'd go with one affiliated with your hospital as they have some variations in practice. Not sure if you considered the possibility of doing the public classes... I did the public ones in the hospital (5 daytime classes) if you're employed you are entitled to time off for these and your partner is entitled to time off for some too. It's free and it's more detailed than one day course and it's a lot of information so it helped that they spread it out. We got to know the hospital too as they showed us around and because we were at 5 classes there it was familiar territory for us when the big day came.

Joy Geraghty
New Wolly

Postby Joy Geraghty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm

My name is joy & I have a passion for empowering women and partners with the knowledge required for pregnancy, birth and becoming parents. I have been delivering high quality, interactive and practical antenatal classes over the past six years.I am a registered nurse and practicing midwife with 12 years experience. I have been working in one of Dublin’s busiest maternity hospitals, working primarily in the delivery suite. In addition, I am a registered hypnobirthing practitioner.Also a mother of two small children, naturally I have first hand experience of the antenatal process. I deliver antenatal classes in Maynooth, Co Kildare. Which is conveniently located for expecting parents from Kildare, Dublin and Meath. This is a one day class in the Glenroyal hotel.

If anyone has any particular questions, if you mail me or message me I'll try and be as helpful as I can. I'm new to forums & still figuring them out, So it might be better to ring me on 0872181334. I'm looking forward to contributing on here as much as I can.

If you dont feel comfortable in attending a group session, I can give a one to one in your home. For some parents, this works better. It also allows specific concerns to be addressed. From my own experience, no two pregnacies are the same. Each mum to be, will have her own questions, feelings and concerns. There is no such thing as a silly questions. Feel free to ask me.

Kind regards

Joy

birthwithjoy

John Walsh Guitar
Previous

Go to Pregnancy & Babies