Recommend a sterilser please?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Santa Posts: 1191
Hi Girls hoping 2 get steriliser this week preferably one that is easy to use and I can use with different b8ls (not sure which ones we're going with yet trying bfeeding 1st). Can anyone recommend one are there any good deals around? Any advice much appreciated :thnk
Wife09 Posts: 873
I have a Microwave one, its advent but I use Dr Browns Bottles, fits 3 large bottle and all the bits, they are done in 5 minutes and its light and easiers to bring away with you rather than the electric steam ones!
MammySpice Posts: 2501
microwave steriliser all the way - we have the Dr. Browns one, but you could fit any bottles in it. I store it in the microwave so that it doesn't take up any of my valuable counter space and I don't have the hassle of getting rid of limescale like you have with the counter-top steam ones. I also used milton tabs for the first while but my hands were wrecked with them so wouldn't advise using them long term, but they are great for hols etc.
aston Posts: 4100
Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I breastfed my DS at the beginning and then started using Nuk bottles as they are recommended as being very good when you are changing from breast to bottle. I got a NUK steriliser in Sam McAuleys chemist as well as my bottles. DS took to the bottles straight away and we have never ever had any problem with him and this milk or wind etc etc. The steriliser is soooooo easy to use. You just add a bit of water and it fits 6 bottles and there is a layer on top also for the tops of the bottles etc. Really recommend it. It doesnt take up space either. Very neat and tidy looking. Good luck x
Octobermum10 Posts: 855
I got a really good deal on a tommee tippee one in toys r us. No idea if it's any good or not yet though
pixiechick Posts: 647
[quote="Octobermum10":23v9ko6u]I got a really good deal on a tommee tippee one in toys r us. No idea if it's any good or not yet though[/quote:23v9ko6u] I have the Tommee Tipee counter top one and find it fairly good. It's quick and not too bulky.
mrs20122be Posts: 50
[quote="Santa":fdlwbxyv]Hi Girls hoping 2 get steriliser this week preferably one that is easy to use and I can use with different b8ls (not sure which ones we're going with yet trying bfeeding 1st). Can anyone recommend one are there any good deals around? Any advice much appreciated :thnk[/quote:fdlwbxyv] ha santa, i have to recommend the old fashioned milton sterilisers, they're so easy to use and at least ya have the security of knowing that everything is totally germ free for babba. i got mine n my local chemist, there cheap and last a lifetime. still have mine tucked away in the press for the next time.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="Octobermum10":6dxbzu4j]I got a really good deal on a tommee tippee one in toys r us. No idea if it's any good or not yet though[/quote:6dxbzu4j] I have the Tommee Tippee microwave steriliser. I was like you Santa and hadn't a clue which one to buy but the advice I got was just to decide if you want a microwave one or electric one and then just buy any brand as they are all basically the same and you can put any bottles in to any of them. The reason I went with the Tommee Tippee one was it was half price in Boots one day I was in.
Mammy To A Miracle Posts: 12
I have a tommee tippee counter top one that i use all the time, easy to use and not in the way. I also have a tommee tippee microwavable one but my microwave is not big enough. They were 9.99 in sam mccauleys. If you are near me you are welcome to it, it's still in the box and never used.
Martiespride Posts: 997
we use the lindam steam sterilser. it was 20 euros in tesco. it just uses steam so no need to put in milton. i always thought with the milton ones you would feel like rincing them out with water after before putting in the milk in them. i used it with the Dr browns bottles so plenty of room. hth