recommend dublin holel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi, hope ye're all enjoying long weekend :) Just looking for some recommendations from you guys for nice hotel to stay in Dublin. Myseld and dh are going to dublin this week for a few nights and as usual we are leaving the planning til last minute. we will be driving up so parking will be a factor. We'd like to be close to city centre cos Im in need of some good retail therapy :) Could anyone recommend a really nice 4 star hotel or maybe even 5 star that might offer good deals? Thanks so much!
MikeBurkePhotography Posts: 286
I don't know about deals but I'd recommend The Morrison - we stayed there for our 25th wedding anniversary after a meal in Eden in Temple Bar. It's a lovely hotel and great rooms, service, food - everything. Also, at another level, there's The Temple Bar Hotel - again we stayed there one night - not as plush as the Morrison but centrally positioned in Temple Bar and the rooms are fine. Best of luck with your search and enjoy your break.
streaks Posts: 3592
I know the Gibson hotel out near the o2 has good deals on at the mo and it looks fab, it's easily accessible with the luas and would prob have parking! Rolls look lovely we are thinking of heading up for a night Xmas shopping some weekend in November.. Any excuse for a night away!!
sunny1 Posts: 995
Thanks so much for replies! i am going now to do a search on those hotels, its great to get a recommendation. Thanks again :thnk
greenbaby Posts: 541
Try the Westbury, bang off Grafton street and has a carpark and it's lovely.
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
The Dylan is meant to be lovely. And you could check the Four Seasons and see how much it'd be. I hear they're closing down so they might sell a room for cheap! It's a fab hotel. I worked there in a previous life.