Recommend fabric shop in Northern Ireland plz!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

veryv Posts: 970
Hi girls, I'm having my bridesmaid dresses made and would like to buy the material in the North, but haven't a clue where to start. Perhaps you could recommend a good material shop? I was thinking of Belfast but will consider anywhere that is good quality and reasonable. Thanks for you help!
Anybody??! I'm lost without the search engine on WOL, its not working anymore and there's probably lost of lists of material shops here somewhere among the 1000's of posts!!
coolkeevs Posts: 483
theres a mrs sew n sew and theres another place but i cant think of the name of it,ive heard it is good,i will wreck my brainand try and think of it,sorry cant be of more help
[quote="coolkeevs":qryd5zt2]theres a mrs sew n sew and theres another place but i cant think of the name of it,ive heard it is good,i will wreck my brainand try and think of it,sorry cant be of more help[/quote:qryd5zt2] Where abouts is that shop? Thanks!
coolkeevs Posts: 483
portadown, am still trying to rack my brain about the name of this other place, think its in bangor or somewhere like that
Blitz Posts: 583
I can help you :) I got mine in Craftswoman fabrics in Carrickfergus just outside Belfast - they have tons and tons of stuff and is v v v reasonable. If you contact them and explain where u are they will send you out some swatches in what ever colours you would like..If you need more info let me know I can help you with directions and should be able to dig out their fone no..I didnt actually pay for my fabric (yet) I picked it and my dressmaker bought it as she gets discount but I think for 2 bridesmaids and a flowergirl is gonna be around £120-£150 for linings etc.
lady jules 83 Posts: 113
Shipquay fabrics in Derry i got material in, small but great variety.. Conact No; 028 7126 2777‎ I got chiffon in Craftswoman fabrics in Carrickfergus outside Belfast, they have loads of stock, wud definetely recommend them...Fabric World in Derry also has a great variety...Pm me if you have any questions... :wv