Recommend Long-Lasting Lipstick

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

spiral Posts: 11
Hi Ladies, I don't wear lipstick very often, but I want to change that. The thing is, any lipstick I do own has to be reapplied constantly. On nights out, I eventually give up and go lipstick-less. Any recommendations for lipsticks that last ?? Thank you!
Sally76 Posts: 525
I've always used Lipcote over my lipstick and it keeps it locked on until I choose to remove it. You apply your normal lipstick first (not lipgloss, obviously), then blot it on a sheet of tissue, and then paint on the Lipcote and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Then you're ready to go. I never have to re-apply my lipstick and don't have to use those long-lasting ones, either -- they can be very drying. I but Lipcote in Boots but I'd say you could get in independent pharmacists, too. It always amazes me that it's not more commonly used. Even on my wedding day, my make-up artist said she'd never used it. I put it on over my lipstick after she'd finished my make-up and it didn't budge until I took it off at 4am the next morning (and I hadn't touched it up once)!
spiral Posts: 11
Thanks Sally76. I've never heard of this before. Can't wait to try it out!