Recommend Pregnancy Books

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mimiblossom Posts: 589
Hi Ladies, Can you please recommend pregnancy books that you have found informative, useful and easy to read. I currently have The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth and find it ok. I would really like a week by week guide. I would also like a book for DH. And maybe a book on breastfeeding and care of a new baby!!!
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i got your pregnancy bible and thought it was brilliant. week by week for baby's development and also for whats happening to you, covers everything from conception to bringing baby home, definitely worth a read. good for dads too - me and DH used to read a little bit each night.
katgirl Posts: 1258
I have "what to expect when your expecting" and "The irish pregnancy guide" both are a mine of information and give a week by week explination of whats happenning to you along with loads of other helpfull tips and hints and there are sections for dads to be aswell to read
cmina26 Posts: 88
You can have my copy of what to expect and 2 baby name books if you want! Just cover postage to wherever you are and they are yours! Text me is the handiest - you'll find my number on other posts of mine, big clear out atm! Carol
mimiblossom Posts: 589
[quote="cmina26":83e61fb3]You can have my copy of what to expect and 2 baby name books if you want! Just cover postage to wherever you are and they are yours! Text me is the handiest - you'll find my number on other posts of mine, big clear out atm! Carol[/quote:83e61fb3] Thanks a million Carol, thats really nice of you. However i went ahead and ordered 'what to expect' online last night!! Ooops. Thanks again for the offer though, that was really kind. O-O
CestMoi Posts: 2162
[quote="mimiblossom":2c851res][quote="cmina26":2c851res]You can have my copy of what to expect and 2 baby name books if you want! Just cover postage to wherever you are and they are yours! Text me is the handiest - you'll find my number on other posts of mine, big clear out atm! Carol[/quote:2c851res] Thanks a million Carol, thats really nice of you. However i went ahead and ordered 'what to expect' online last night!! Ooops. Thanks again for the offer though, that was really kind. O-O[/quote:2c851res] cmina26 - can I take you up on this offer, if they are still available? I can't see where I find your text number? Thanks
Baby Dreams Posts: 33
Anybody with recommendations for post birth books on breastfeeding/taking care of a new baby??
cmina26 Posts: 88
c'est moi - text me on 087 6204791 and they are yours! Don't know if the pm i drafted will ever send! :-8 :-8
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I got it thanks, just text you. I don't think they send until the receiver logs on to WOL again?