Recommend Pregnancy Pillow/back support for sleeping?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Would appreciate any recommendations. My back has been at me the past few days! I'm close to a Mothercare so if it has a good one please point me in that direction!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
There are the dream genii ones it's like a pillow with a long pillow coming down one side of it: http://www.inhealth.ie/Products/Dreamge ... 4QodATybEg these are €54, which I thought was ridiculous, desperate and all as I was for a good nights sleep. I went through an insomnia phase just before Christmas it was torture, but I still wouldn't fork out €54 for a pillow. I ended getting a V pillow: http://www.assistireland.ie/eng/Product ... rtcut.html and it was €10 in Guineys, use it every night since.
Mallory Posts: 92
That Dream Genii one looks amazing!!
PearlBaby Posts: 532
My back has been really sore for the past few weeks and I gave in and bought a dream genii and it's been a complete waste of money. I find there's not enough support for your back as theres dosent seem to be enough padding, and I wake up stiff and nearly in tears. You have to keep moving it with you when you want to move around at night as well and it took me forever to get comfy again. Nothing works for me :o( Saying they though I have read about the dream genii being a life saver for others.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I got the pregnancy plus pillow in mothercare & I find that good. My lower back pain is coming from my pelvis so it does help but doesn't cure it as such!
[quote="PearlBaby":nr8b3hiz] Nothing works for me :o( [/quote:nr8b3hiz] You poor thing, it's bad enough not being able to sleep but waking up sore must be awful.
PearlBaby Posts: 532
[quote="Mari yay":1oemu61p][quote="PearlBaby":1oemu61p] Nothing works for me :o( [/quote:1oemu61p] You poor thing, it's bad enough not being able to sleep but waking up sore must be awful.[/quote:1oemu61p] Thanks Mari yay. I woke up the other night needing to pee (again) and I stood on my two feet and yelped with the pain. Frightened the life out of dh who had jumped out of the bed. Just find that I'm very stiff after lying down for periods of time :o( even if i have a 20 minute snooze i wake up with the stiffness feeling. Have gp appointment tomorrow but I'll know he'll just tell me to take paracetamol which I am anyway. Anyway if that's the worst that's going to happen i'll live with it to I get my baby in my arms. :lvs
[quote="PearlBaby":2g0vns6g] Thanks Mari yay. I woke up the other night needing to pee (again) and I stood on my two feet and yelped with the pain. Frightened the life out of dh who had jumped out of the bed. Just find that I'm very stiff after lying down for periods of time :o( even if i have a 20 minute snooze i wake up with the stiffness feeling. Have gp appointment tomorrow but I'll know he'll just tell me to take paracetamol which I am anyway. Anyway if that's the worst that's going to happen i'll live with it to I get my baby in my arms. :lvs[/quote:2g0vns6g] Yeah, I had a touch of a sore back a couple of weeks ago, only lasted a few days, but like that when I'd get out of bed at night or in the morning I'd get a sharp pain down my back and legs. I found that heat helped me too, using a hot water bottle when on the couch and in bed if I had to. I really find the V pillow good too. Like that, I know its very early days for me but I didn't complain too much if back pain is the worst I get then I was happy to deal with it. Hope you get some relief
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
I feel your pain, literally. :weep Im in such pain with my back and hips, no matter what way i lie, and the paracetamol doesnt even touch it! Ive a previous back injury anyway, and a very weak core, so id imagine that is not helping either. My bed is full of pillows and it makes no difference. I was looking at the dreamgenii too but decided i cant be @ssed spending that on a pillow! Im going to start my pregnancy pilates dvd this week, and see if that helps. Only 16 weeks of this left hopefully, although i did suffer with a bad back for a long time after DD was born, convinced it was the epidural, though was probably a combination of softening ligaments and carrying extra weight too. Anyway, hopefully we will all start to feel a bit more normal again soon. Roll on May!! :o)ll