Recommend you and your partner's pregnancy book!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marleymoo Posts: 503
Hi girls looking for a good in depth book on pregnancy, looked at What to Expect when you're expecting on Amazon and the reviews look good but wanted to get recommendations for any others before I buy? I see a few more geared towards the men also, are these worthwhile getting? Would the 1 book not do us both? Ta xxxx
Nubble Posts: 368
Hi Marleymoo, I bought the ‘What the Expect..’ book a few weeks ago and I find it quite good. Its informative, in a medical way, which I suppose on your first pregnancy is great. DH browses through it the odd time too..it basically gives a month to month guide…what to expect during the month, how you might be feeling, what to expect, the development of the baby in that month etc. There is also a great index in the back of the book so if your looking for something quickly, its easy enough to find…e.g. I had a terrible headache the other week, so just checked the index at back at book for ‘headaches’ and it brought me to a page of helpful tips. I was given a gift of a great book ‘The best friends guide to pregnancy’, which I found very good..its more about personal experiences rather than medical explanations, the things your best friends would tell you as opposed to a GP or consultant. I even managed to read right through to the end of the book, even though to start I was adamant I didn’t want to know the gory childbirth and after birth details (Im 19 weeks, and up until then I was only reading my ‘what to expect’ book on a month by month basis!!!) With regards to male perspective books, I bought DH the ‘guide to fatherhood’ (or something along that title). It’s a more humorous book about what’s happening to a woman while pregnant and what a man can expect during the nine months plus and all from a man’s point of view. DH thought it was very good..and he actually read it cover to cover!(Although I think he still skipped over some of the more gory details...'there are some things the man doesnt need to know' kind of attitude!!!!) :yelrotflmaosmilie: There are so many pregnancy books out there..one to suit everyone’s requirements….the above are just the ones that I found good!