Recommend your baby bouncer/rocker please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marleymoo Posts: 503
Hi ladies, I got a lovely message from my best friend in USA this morning saying she wanted to order somethin for bubs and for me to pick something. She didnt specify how much but mentioned buugy car seat etc! Either very generous or has no idea how much they cost :) Anyway I was thinking a baby rocker/bouncer might be nice but they seem to vary quite a bit in price. What would you recommend and what makes one different from the other. Can they be used from birth? Thanks in advance, posted in M&Ks also xxx
MrsDr Posts: 1316
The only advice people are giving me on these is to make sure it vibrates!! My friend swore by hers. I want one that you can use from birth too. Theres loads of them around. Unfortunately (fortunately!!) My nan already bought one for us I havent seen it but it a Baby Gym Bouncer bought in Tesco recently. Does anyone know of this and can tell me something on it?? Can it be used from birth?? I dont mean to sound ungrateful but its nice to pick your own stuff so you can taylor it to your needs/wants!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
This is probably the best thing I spent money on when DD was small - . The vibrating thing got her wind up (and down) and sent her to sleep, and when she was asleep she could lie almost flat with the leg up. And we could hang different toys off the arch to keep her amused when she was awake. Got a gift of a really pretty Mamas and Papas one, but tbh, it was a triumph of form over function and completely useless!
rop Posts: 1453
we got this [img:4wa50yih]http://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/ProductImageTemplateV2?$mainImg=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F448613702%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$range_grid$[/img:4wa50yih] my gran got it for us as a present, I was just going to get a bog standard €20 one from argos but she insisted on this one. From day on DD loved it. It vibrates and bounces like a heartbeat, has a little light show on the arch (which for the first 2/3 months DD was fascinated with), plays lovely lullabies and I could plug my iphone it to play regular music/stories. The toys on the arch change the music too. Only this week DD is done with it. Almost 9 months of pure entertainment. I would certainly recommend it. We got in on offer so it was only €85 but knowing now that we got 8 months out of it I would have paid full price. hth
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Girls can i ask, you know the way these bouncers vibrate etc, would baby then not rely on this vibration to go to sleep all the time, like when you put baby into the cot at night?? Sorry if stupid question, I have no clue about this sort of thing.
marleymoo Posts: 503
Thanks girls lots there to get my teeth into :) IKWYM Mrs Dr! x
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
[quote="littlechick-":15tg2w3a]Girls can i ask, you know the way these bouncers vibrate etc, would baby then not rely on this vibration to go to sleep all the time, like when you put baby into the cot at night?? Sorry if stupid question, I have no clue about this sort of thing.[/quote:15tg2w3a] We never had a problem with it with DD, although she was bf, and I used to instinctively rock her a little when she was feeding, so I don't know if that cancelled it out. She used to sleep in the pram when we were out walking, in the car driving, in my arms, on DH's chest, in her moses basket, in the crib... she wasn't too fussy :o0 She just went up to bed now, bottle, quick cuddle and into bed awake and she was zzzzzz in about 2 mins, so long term, for me it was far more useful than problematic.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I can second the Fisherprice Rainforest infant -to - toddler bouncer/rocker. It is at the dearer end of the scale for these at 70 to 80 euro but it can be used from a newborn as the seat can lie flat and it converts to a toddler rocker as baby gets bigger. Most of the cheaper ones don't convert like that. The seat cover removes and is washable. My best friend and my SIL have it and have used it since day one - both love it. There is a bar with two toys hanging on it. You can swing the bar away from baby if needs be. Or you can hang other toys on it. SIL has a few of thos Lamaze activity toys and switches them around for LO to play with for variety and she loves them.