Recommend your travel system....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Girls haven't a bogs clue what to look for when buying babs a buggy. I kind like the Beep Twist http://www.babynursery.ie/product_info. ... ts_id=1026 but not sure if its any good? I am borrowing my aunts maxi cosy car seat & isofix base for my own car, but could I use the carry cot with the beep as a car seat (using seatbelt) for hubbys car? Any recommendations of your buggies /travel systems will be great received. We don't want to spend a small fortune but obviously want something comfortable for babs!!!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
That looks lovely. Do you mean use the carseat that comes with the Beep for your husband's car? You can put the carseat into a car and use the seatbelt around it alright, but not sure about the carrycot. If you are borrowing the car seat/base, they say that if they are over 5 years old then you really need to get a new one.
mamajen Posts: 2263
That's really nice, love the colour. You can't use a carry cot as a car seat if that's what you're asking and I second what Mari yay says about checking how old the car seat you are taking is. I know the original beep comes up with a car seat with as a package as it was one I was looking at before going for the uppababy vista, I would check if this one does too?
Great girls thanks. Yes I was wondering if the carry cot that comes with this package would be suitable as second car seat for husbands car, so I take it yes we can use the seatbelt to secure it? The base & car seat I am borrowing is only 12months old so no worries there hopefully!!!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
I don't think any 'carrycots' are suitable as a car seat?
[quote="MrsBabybump":2c2jlca3]I don't think any 'carrycots' are suitable as a car seat?[/quote:2c2jlca3] Thanks MrsBabybump, I read mrsfago message incorrectly :-8 :-8 :-8 Feel like such a bad mother already not knowing these things :duh: :duh: :duh:
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
God don't feel like that! The whole area is a minefield! For what it's worth, we have the maxi cosi system. Cabriofix I think it's called.
gopro Posts: 1801
wat sort of roads will u be walkin I originally looked at the beep but the roads around us aren't great so was adviced against the beep as there isn't much suspension. their new one neyo has more suspension. but asaik the maxi cosinxant be used on the baby elegance buggies