Recommendation for all those TTC

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mum To Be Posts: 15
Hi all, after spending many weeks reading all the info on this site, I thought I would share my top tip for TTC with you. I just found out last week that I am expecting in early October, this was after my first month trying and we hit the jackpot. I put it all down to the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and Pre-Seed! Although the monitor and test sticks are expensive, I thought the monitor was absolutely brilliant, it identified two days of Peak Fertility and two either side of High Fertility so we knew exactly the days to DTD - BINGO! We also used Pre-Seed ordered off the Access Diagnostics website, found it easy to use and I think it could only have helped the swimmers along. So best of luck to all you TTC'ers and I hope the use of the monitor and Pre-Seed will help some more of you in the very near future. Oh yes I knew I was pregnant a few days before the test would give me a positive, very strange pains in my tummy which were down to my uterus stretching. I just knew that those pains meant something! The pregnancy tests I had bought on Access Diagnostics gave me a negative and only Clear Blue (and the doc!) gave me a positive.
Carly80 Posts: 49
Hi mum to be - congratulations on your BFP!!! What is pre seed can you tell me? We're hoping to TTC from April and anything that can help is worth trying!!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Congratulations Mum to Be! :o)ll :o)ll Any chance you are due on October 1 along with myself and Crazy Lady? Am looking for our due date triplet :o0 I used preseed too but tbh we both found it a bit of a turn-off. That said, if the marketing is true it's well worth trying it. Carly it's a sperm-friendly vaginal lubricant. Apparently a lot of lubes are not very nice to the swimmers! Here's the info from the website: http://www.preseed.co.uk/ I got mine from medicalhealthcentre.ie HTH!
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I started taking evening primrose oil today. Do you think this works just as good or should I order some preseed? I just fancy the idea of using it tbh
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="MRSMMC":yoo0i5zy]I started taking evening primrose oil today. Do you think this works just as good or should I order some preseed? I just fancy the idea of using it tbh[/quote:yoo0i5zy] The evening primrose oil is to make your CM more sperm-friendly I think. The preseed is worth using if you're currently use a different lubricant that might not be so gentle on the sperm or stops it getting where it's going (like KY Jelly or similar)! If you don't use lube then I wouldn't bother.
Hi Blackcat, yep I'm due 2 October so keep me posted on all your symptoms so we can swop notes! Not much for me so far, tummy definitely swollen though. Roll on a proper bump!
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Can you tell us more about how the fertility monitor works. I think I know about the sticks (i.e. pee sticks) but not the monitor. thanks. :wv
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
don't use any lubricant so think i'll skip it. Question blackcat was it the capsule evening primrose you took or the actually oil? I opted for capsules cos didn't fancy swallowing the oil. Got the 7 seas ones and it says to take 4 a day, seems like a lot
Sunnyside, its all really quite simple. You set the monitor on the first day of your period by pressing M and the first cycle you use it it will ask you to test (i.e pee on a stick and insert stick in monitor) every day from day 5 to day 25 (so 20 sticks for the first cycle). It will show your level of fertility then every day on the monitor so you'll get High Fertility when you are approaching ovulation and then Peak Fertility when you ovulate. That way then you know the days to DTD. From the second cycle onwards, the monitor cleverly remembers roughly the dates you ovulate and will only ask you to test for around 10 days either side of ovulation. So in essence, you just need to remember to switch on the monitor every morning (helps to just leave it on top of the toilet!). I found it easier to pee in a cup and test that way rather than trying to pee on a stick first thing in the morning when you are half asleep. Hope that helps and fingers crossed it brings you as much luck as it brought me!
sunnyside Posts: 3164
thanks mum to be- where do you get it and how much does it cost? I don't know why I'm asking as I'm still waiting on first AF off pill so it sounds like I couldn't use it anyway. But maybe for future. :wv