Recommendations for GP - North Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrsdm Posts: 1136
Hey Wollies, I am looking for a female gp, not only someone who is nice but someone who is good. My current GP is lovely but am not not too happy that she is good. I am living in Donaghmede, so anywhere around Raheny, Clontarf, Coolock areas would suit. Thanks in advance! O-O
Lilica Posts: 755
Hi kj... have you tried Raheny Medical? We go there and always find it great. I've only been to the two male doctors there, but I'm pretty sure there's a female doctor there too (maybe that's your current doc though, if you're in Donaghmede?).
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Sorry this is not in your area but if you are willing to travel to the city, Suffolk Street Surgery is great and is only run by female doctors. It is based at the Molly Malone statue
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
I find Dr.Ekky in Drumcondra just opposite Quinns excellent, and even though I moved southside, I still trek northside to him as himself and his wife run an excellent practice - she does all the women-related stuff, and he's great for skin (was a dermatologist consultant in the Mater). They also do travel vaccinations and great all-rounders. I had tried Suffolk Street surgery myself and didn't find the advice/consultations great, but that was when it opened up at the start, so maybe improved since then. O-O
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
Thanks girlies, will look into those recommendations.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
You should try the Meridian Clinic in Clare Hall. Sorry Im a bit hazy with the information here but there is a lovely female doctor that works there. Im not sure of her name or if shes full or part time, but every time I go to see her she is lovely. She is a very good doctor too, she will give you some thing if you need it and she always advises me on other things too. Im not sure if you have children but she is very good with my kids aswell. My youngest son has a mental disability and I have had some doctors be awful with him :eek :eek but she is excellent. Also with Clare Hall you have the parking and there is a chemist there too. I dont work there I swear :o0 :o0
scoutf Posts: 667
Theres a guy called Tarek Zourob on St Brendans Road just opposite coolock village. Very good doc and very regular surgery hours
[quote="Scarlett O Hara ":1vlocuwi]You should try the Meridian Clinic in Clare Hall. Sorry Im a bit hazy with the information here but there is a lovely female doctor that works there. Im not sure of her name or if shes full or part time, but every time I go to see her she is lovely. She is a very good doctor too, she will give you some thing if you need it and she always advises me on other things too. Im not sure if you have children but she is very good with my kids aswell. My youngest son has a mental disability and I have had some doctors be awful with him :eek :eek but she is excellent. Also with Clare Hall you have the parking and there is a chemist there too. I dont work there I swear :o0 :o0[/quote:1vlocuwi] Is that the foreign doctor with the short brown hair Scarlett? I think she's terrible. Reason why I moved to Raheny :-8
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Erm yeah I think so!! Ah no I have to say I think shes lovely. She takes no bullsh it from you now, but I have never had a problem with her. She is great with the little fella too thats the main reason I go to her. The time he had the vomiting bug (he had a VERY bad dose) she rang every day to see how he was and told me to bring him over twice and never charged me. Did you ever see the chinese guy over there? My god he was shocking. I wont go if hes on. He was giving out to me one day because my son kicked him. Firstly my son is mentally disabled.... AND.... your sticking a big stick down his throat and he doesnt know why!!!!!!! :eek :eek He really upset me that day. The woman is great with him, thats mainly why I go
Ah yeah, Scarlett, I totally understand that. She might be fab with some people, I've just found her to be really standoffish and always seemed to want to rush me out. The two docs I've seen in Raheny seem to be much better, but only for me of course - that doc (I don't know her name either :o0 ) sounds great for you and your boys. I know the Chinese doc you mentioned. God, he was awful. Made a big deal out of prescribing me something once and then when I went down to the chemist, the pharmacist said I didn't even need a prescription for the stuff as it was over-the-counter. Ha, the dope. Very annoying though as we pay them a small fortune.