recommendations for hotel in lanzarote

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarplum Posts: 430
Thinking of heading in september- never been before- any tips :o)ll
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I have booked to stay in the Fariones as it is on the beach and very central. There are loads of nice ones all over - try to stay in the Puero Del Carmen area as it is the busiest
Loops Posts: 287
I would recommend - Playa Blanca Try its fantastic !!!!
mammy2be Posts: 257
I agree with Loops with Playa Blanca it's far nicer than Puerto Del Carmen (the Playa Del Ingles of Lanzarote). The Princesa Yaisa is the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed in, it's a bit pricey but it's definately worth it. We are staying here in October again as we were so impressed with it when we stayed there in May. Playa Blanca is a bit quieter than Carmen but there's still plenty of pubs and clubs (one in the Yaiza) if that's what your looking for. If you decide on Blanca give me a shout and i'll tell you of the good restaurants and pubs to go to. O-O
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
We stayed in Hotel Occidental Grand Teguise Playa earlier this year & loved it. It was very reasonably priced for the standard of hotel. The resort is quieter than Puerto Del Carmen but we got a taxi there once or twice for nights out & it was only €20 so you can have the best of both worlds!
Juno Posts: 2202
We stayed in the Cinco Apartments in May in Puerto Del Carmen. They were really cheap, even though they have just been done up to a really high standard. Budget Travel have it in their brochure, and its about a one minute walk to the main promenade/strip. Mrs. Ted xx