Recycling flowers??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snowqueen Posts: 345
I'm getting married right after christmas and church will be full of flowers. In my typically well-organised way I picked a colour scheme that doesn't work with red, and the church I'm using always has red flowers at christmas. I checked with priest and its no problem to clear away the christmas displays until after the wedding but while normally you might leave the flower displays in the church, there would be no point in leaving mine at that time of year. I don't want to be wasteful and was thinking of asking if florist can reuse some of the church arrangements for the reception. I don't want to ask the florist if this is a no-no. Unfortunately my colour scheme was settled before the date was, or I'd just have taken advantage of the church's decoration and saved on flowers altogether. Feeling pretty wasteful as it is, getting special flowers done. Is this putting too much pressure on florist (she would have to pick up flowers after mass and bring to the venue)? Also - is the florist usually responsible for clearing away the pew ends after the mass, or should I ask someone to do this?
Italy07 Posts: 5409
I have heard alot of brides getting there flowers from the church to the reception usually to save money not thinking about wasting. Ask the florist the worst she can see is no.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I wouldn't have any problem in asking your florist to do this for you. One florist I spoke to, includes the service of removing the pew ends and bringing them to the hotel. I didn't book this florist in the end and her premises would have been quite near to the hotel so it wouldn't have been that much trouble but I presume your florist would just include some kind of fee to cover the travel etc.
willful Posts: 6822
We just got a couple of aunts and uncles to take the flowers in their cars to the reception-if your florist said no, you could always do that instead!
Snowqueen Posts: 345
thanks girls! I'll run it by the florist and see what she thinks! Wilful, that makes total sense - don't know why I didn't think of it :o0 I obviously have my monday morning head on.