Red dress.. for Spain?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

monsoonwedding Posts: 76
Planning on getting married in Spain.. would love to wear a red dress.... would look it stupid? I don't know if stupid is the right word but I always wanted to wear one abut always thought of a winter wedding...not getting married by the sea? opinions please......
petersgirl Posts: 1568
NO I'm sure it would look fab :wv I wore a red dress to a wedding in cyprus and everyone was commenting on the dress, it had a kind of flamenco frill to it :wv Any pics??
Duh, I've just read your post again and realised that you want to get married in a red dress :duh: I've seen a few brides who got married in a red dress and they looked fab. One of them had a dress identical to a wedding dress only in red, it was gorgeous! Go with what you'll feel comfortable in :wv I'm somtimes a bit jealous of my BM's cos they are getting to wear a lovely colour on the wedding day and I'm in Ivory :o0
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Red wouldn't look ridiculous and doesn't have to be wintery. But it's really down to you, if you are a selfconcious kind of person then you'll probably be uncomfortable. I would probably be a bit shocked to see a bride in red but if it suited her personlity then no problem. If you went for red you could match it with pink and aqua like in your ticker. That would look so fantastic and summery. Be prepared for comments though. I'm wearing blue shoes and my BMs think I am stark raving mad :yelrotflmaosmilie: Actually better to say nothing and let it be a complete surprise. :innocent:
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
im getting married in spain nect month. i went with traditional ivory but if there is anywhere you would get away with red it is spain. I would say go for it!!!!
monsoonwedding Posts: 76
I wouldnt be telling anyone except my bridesmaids...I have said it in the past but since announcing the date I have said I will probably stick to ivory. There is one dress I just love..I know its so early to even be thinking about dreses but its fab...but I dont know if it would be too big for a foreign wedding. In my HTB culture they wear red when getting married so I would love to surprise him and turn up in red
Awh, that's a fantastic idea :) Your H2B would be so pleased! When flicking through the pics of my wedding planner in Spain I noticed a bride in red, she looked lovely :) I say go and try that dress on girl! and be brave if it's what you want :)