Red or Orange

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ddesmond Posts: 457
Hi all - just looking for some advice. I have chosen watermelon/coral colour bridesmaid dresses and cannot decide what flowers will match better - i'm being told by the bridemaids the red will be perfect as the room for the reception is purple/green/red and we're trying to tie in (with centrepieces etc, also sash on chair covers will be gold) Just a bit afraid it will clash!! HELP, thanks x
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I had coral dresses and also wanted red in the flowers and was told a big no by the florist, she felt they would clash. In the end, I ended up going with cream, ivory and orange roses. You also have the buttonholes on the mens suits to consider? I didn't go so far as to consider the decor of the room as that would have wrecked my head completely, and what happens if the hotel decides to re-decorate in the meantime. Also, I wasn't sure if anybody really notices this stuff? No offence or anything.
frillynickers Posts: 1765
[quote="Missus Lippy":2i23vv3c]I had coral dresses and also wanted red in the flowers and was told a big no by the florist, she felt they would clash. In the end, I ended up going with cream, ivory and orange roses. You also have the buttonholes on the mens suits to consider? I didn't go so far as to consider the decor of the room as that would have wrecked my head completely, and what happens if the hotel decides to re-decorate in the meantime. Also, I wasn't sure if anybody really notices this stuff? No offence or anything.[/quote:2i23vv3c] Perfect flower choice!!! creams and orange much better with coral as it is winthin the orange tones. Reds would totally clash and look better with red, pink or cream toned dresses. Also not going to try match up with the reception no point as the bouquets get dumped by the time you get to the reception anyway so theres no point in trying to match up!
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I really liked them on the day and you are sooooo right about the bouquets getting dumped :o0
ddesmond Posts: 457
Thanks so much for the advice... its dunboyne castle we're getting married in, and the room would be quite in your face with the colour! maybe just neutrels then for the centre pieces...but do i need a striking colour...oh the decisions!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
blueswallow Posts: 1244
How about some green orchids to 'lift' the colour a little? You also mentioned it as a colour you'd like to pick up from the hotel decor.