Reduced movement

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Hi, babs is a maniac normally, always moving and shoving and kicking. Today he/she's very quiet. Now I have had movement, like my side is bulging out now and again but not quite the same as I was getting. Is he just having a lazy day or should I get worried? Like I assume as well that it's getting cramped in there. It's just that I've almost had kicks and movements on demand up till now. Food and drink not making any impact - usually doesn't anyway. Ta, Emme
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Hey Emme, I had that problem yesterday, and like you I tried the usual lying on my side, drinking fizzy drink and nothing was making him move. After a couple of hours panicking he started moving again but I'm putting it down to the fact he is normally so hyper he needs the odd little rest day in there!! If you've no movement in 12 hours ring the hosp, or if you're really worried just ring them before then and they can put a trace on babs.
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi Emme, a friend of mine use to drink Lucozade if she found here baby's movement had quietened down. That use to get him bouncing around again. If you're worried though, maybe call your GP, they'll be able to put your mind at ease. :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
Thanks Mrs. D. I have consultant appointment first thing in the morning and I think...hope....babs is waking up as I type. My side is moving again. Wouldn't mind a couple of kicks to the ribs though! Thanks as well jujubeans...apart from anything you've put the goo on me for some lucozade now!
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I know, wouldn't you think the little brats would wait til they are actually born before the worrying starts but I guess being a mammy begins on day 1!!! Don't forget, they're so big now they have restricted movement so they won't be flipping around as much as they used to... (In saying that I think mine has actually done about 10 somersaults this morn and is no longer head engaged!!) Cons will put your mind at ease tomor but thats great sign that you're even getting an odd little elbow, bum sticking out etc!