reflexology and TTC

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Just wondering.... can reflexology help when TTC, have booked in for a session next week when I come off pill, maybe it can help balance hormones and get you back to normal quicker. Anyone had any experiance of this. Ive had it done before and thought it was wonderful so even if it doesnt help its very relaxing/
EmmaLou Posts: 11
Hi Sally. I suffer from PCOS and an Underactive thyroid. I was told by doctors that I would never become pregnant naturally. I had reflexology twice a month for four months and can happily report that I am not 4 1/2 months pregnant. I would highly recommend it!! EmmaLou
Mrs.Dee Posts: 372
Great minds and all that!! :D I spent the last half an hour trying to find out the nearest (&cheapest) places to get reflexology done. Looks like €45 for 40 min treatment in Temple Bar area is the cheapest in the area. AFAIK reflexology helps with general wellbeing including hormonal balances etc. I have got quiet a few treatments in the past and I find it so relaxing and I seem to sleep really well after the treatments. As far as I am concerned it can only help. Also at the minute I want to try and organise some activities that will take my mind off the ttc lark. I don't want to get wrapped up in dates etc.etc. and get overly obsessed with everything. I remember reading various magazine articles regarding infertility and how reflexology helped so many women get pregnant. Have a look at http://www.reproductivereflexology.co.uk/ and http://www.heartsole.co.uk/4736.html
brideeee Posts: 1490
I would also recommend Accupuncture to help ttc, it has been proven to be very effective! Best of luck, x brideeee
Bugs Posts: 511
I practise both acupuncture and reflexology - the governing bodies forbid therapists from using advertising which claims to help people to conceive. However, there have been many many success stories which show that both therapies have helped with fertility issues. You're correct in stating that they can help to balance hormones and reduce stress, both of which are thought to be significant contributors to problems with conception. PM me if you'd like more info on either therapy.
sally Posts: 1140
congrats EmmaLou, thats great. I found a practicioner near me that charges 45 euro for an hour with the first appointment being an hour and a half long. I will let ye know how I get on and what she says. As someone said it cant do any harm anyway.