Registering the Birth????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Itisasecret Posts: 389
Do you need your Marriage Cert to Register the Birth? I cannot find ours! :-8
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Tut...tut...tut !!!!! Sorry I don't know, I'm sure you could get a copy sent to you again though. I found this for you though. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... _your_baby
Moet for me Posts: 1841
No not if you are signed in as your married name in the hospital as far as I remember
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote="Moet for Me":1m1lv01c]No not if you are signed in as your married name in the hospital as far as I remember[/quote:1m1lv01c] I used my maiden name in hospital, and filled out the form for registering the birth in my married name, and had no probs. It says to bring photo id but we were never asked for it. You certainly don't need your marriage cert. HTH
Mrs Gypsy Posts: 260
Don't think you need to have your marriage cert - no one came to visit us in hospital because of christmas and they just gave us a card to ring the Birth Notification Clerk. Over the phone they seemed to have must of the info and told us to come in after two weeks to finalise everything and get the birth cert. The only thing we need to bring is our PPS nos as I didn't have them on the phone. We'll see what happens when one of us goes to the birth registrars office!
Brodie H Posts: 8
You don't need your marriage cert, although you can pick up a copy of the Marriage cert in the same place as the birth registration for €10. You will need your passports and proof of address. That is it, i was worrying about this but we were in and out in 5 mins! Good luck